Best Mount for traveling with a nexus 7

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
So...Want to know for those that travel and use a nexus 7 for a GPS, and other apps like Torque. What is your solution?

I made a non-tilting mount but the nexus 7 absolutely needs to tilt due to glare and reflection of the screen. I live in hawaii and mostly SUNNY days. So, I'd have to keep the brightness level cranked up all the time to compensate ... I think the best way to mount this would be low on the dash not high up with a window mount correct? I'm looking for a drop in type mount where one could just drop the tablet into a holder type mout (I think). But it's hard to find a holder that tilts.

Thanks!

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
http://www.proclipusa.com/tablet-holders/device/google/nexus-7-asus.cmsv

This one looks to be of high quality. Tho, at 3x the price. But I guess the old saying is true, you get what you pay for. If this one is cheesy I'll probably just get one of these. Probably should have got one to begin with.

At any rate, it will be cool, I already got my bluetooth OBDII :) I am going to mount mine right under my stereo .. Has a USB port for charging already and data connection tho, I haven't tried it out yet. Will be pretty nice to have the band logos come up on the screen with the music going.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
http://www.proclipusa.com/tablet-holders/device/google/nexus-7-asus.cmsv

This one looks to be of high quality. Tho, at 3x the price. But I guess the old saying is true, you get what you pay for. If this one is cheesy I'll probably just get one of these. Probably should have got one to begin with.

At any rate, it will be cool, I already got my bluetooth OBDII :) I am going to mount mine right under my stereo .. Has a USB port for charging already and data connection tho, I haven't tried it out yet. Will be pretty nice to have the band logos come up on the screen with the music going.

I get all my phone mounts from ProClip. Never disappointed.

MotionMan