Question Best mesh (or other setup?) to get good lengthwise from house to garage???

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
So helping the old man fix a setup that has gone thru iterations..........

10 years ago ----- 2 Buffalo routers running tomato & worked great for 5 years. Units started dying had to move on.

5 years ago ----- Spectrum router (not sure what) and the recommended a repeater which he got & has worked til now.

Now ----- Do I go mesh?? If so which? Deco S4? M?? X?? ABC123??....LMNOP??? (The varieties kill me)

His house is long and at one end is a garage with above garage loft which he frequents. So trying to set him up where he'll get good coverage everywhere.

MODEM/MAIN-ROUTER -----------> 50 FEET -----------> BAY WINDOW FOR GREAT WINDOW VIEW TO GARAGE-LOFT ---------> 50FT TO GARAGE LOFT

Much thanks in advance for suggestions!!!

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I don't know if it's the best but my dad has been using the Ubiquiti AmpliFi Mesh Wi-Fi System at his duplex rentals down in Florida with pretty good results. At least non of his renters have complained about lack of signal strength or any other connection issues over wifi. His duplex is basically a single story rectangle though no lofts or anything like that. He has the router in the middle and a repeater at the far ends.

Anyway, pretty anecdotal reply but it's the only experience I have with a mesh system.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Looks good! Although DAYUMM....that's expensive! :p I've read that the Deco setups do as well so I'll probably just go for it. Proof is in the pudding so best way to find out.........