Best Marvel Character

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Juddog
And blue :)

all he needs is white. then he can be the patriotic hulk!

don't remember blue. though not a huge hulk fan.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: waggy

Blue was from when he briefly had the "uni-power", or otherwise known as "captain universe".

It multiplies the recipient's strength by 50 times what it was, and allows other cosmic type abilities as well. Spiderman had it for a while too.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Blue was from when he briefly had the "uni-power", or otherwise known as "captain universe".

It multiplies the recipient's strength by 50 times what it was, and allows other cosmic type abilities as well. Spiderman had it for a while too.

yeah remember when spiderman had it.

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Originally posted by: JRich
Ironman

Too bad Ironman got his ass whupped by the Hulk in WWH, and got his ass whupped again by Red Hulk in Hulk #2.

oh noes, ironman got beat by a horribly written and overpowered hulk, i can't like him anymore. /cry

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Ironman

Too bad Ironman got his ass whupped by the Hulk in WWH, and got his ass whupped again by Red Hulk in Hulk #2.

what ticked me off is they started off "civil war" as ironman being behind the "super" mutants. perhaps to cause the registration (wich was hinted his company's had major ties to).

then they just dropped it.

I just like how Tony Stark had 24 hours prep time to fight Hulk and STILL got his ass whupped. He built a custom suit of giant armor, an adamantium spike to shove through Hulk's skull to inject nanobots, and had the Extremis upgrade on top of that, and STILL got stomped.

i guess you didn't read the issue of initiative where they showed that his nanobots were sabotaged. :roll:

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Ironman

what ticked me off is they started off "civil war" as ironman being behind the "super" mutants. perhaps to cause the registration (wich was hinted his company's had major ties to).

then they just dropped it.

I just like how Tony Stark had 24 hours prep time to fight Hulk and STILL got his ass whupped. He built a custom suit of giant armor, an adamantium spike to shove through Hulk's skull to inject nanobots, and had the Extremis upgrade on top of that, and STILL got stomped.

and rather easy.

personally i was on the hulks side. they shot him into space and then tried to kill him. yeah yeah it was a "accident" that the ship exploded but richards does not make such mistakes.

anyway it was a good series.

wait, did any of you guys even read the whole series? wth.

*SPOILER*

the illuminati had nothing to do with the ship exploding and it wasn't a mistake or accident.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: uhohs
Ironman

oh noes, ironman got beat by a horribly written and overpowered hulk, i can't like him anymore. /cry

Sounds like you're a little bitter. Maybe you should have some beer instead of milk.

The illuminati still are the ones that sent him into space, if they didn't do that, then the whole thing would not have happened. Yes I read about the nanobots being sabotaged, Iron Man still would have lost, regardless.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Ironman

Explain how Hulk was horribly written? What works of literature have you written, in order so that I can judge your writing against the writers of the story? If you haven't written anything, then you're obviously a fanboy who's favorite character got beat up so are a little bitter over it.

It's a comic book, get over yourself. Hulk was easily strong enough to hold together the tectonic plates on planet Sakaar in a weakened state (which would take quintillions of tons of force), and effortlessly held a 10,000+ ton spaceship over his head with a smile on his face not angry in the least. He then had a very good storyline why he got angry (I guess losing your wife and child is just horrible writing to you), which explained perfectly his anger increase, so his natural instinct was to go after the Illuminati.

Yes it was true they were not the ones who set off the bomb, but they were the ones who shot him into space instead of trying to deal with him, after he did them a favor.

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Ironman

Explain how Hulk was horribly written? What works of literature have you written, in order so that I can judge your writing against the writers of the story? If you haven't written anything, then you're obviously a fanboy who's favorite character got beat up so are a little bitter over it.

It's a comic book, get over yourself. Hulk was easily strong enough to hold together the tectonic plates on planet Sakaar in a weakened state (which would take quintillions of tons of force), and effortlessly held a 10,000+ ton spaceship over his head with a smile on his face not angry in the least. He then had a very good storyline why he got angry (I guess losing your wife and child is just horrible writing to you), which explained perfectly his anger increase, so his natural instinct was to go after the Illuminati.

Yes it was true they were not the ones who set off the bomb, but they were the ones who shot him into space instead of trying to deal with him, after he did them a favor.

NERD FIGHT. you get over yourself. oh no, someone didn't like the story like i did, i'm gonna go insult them because they're wrong. only people that have written books and literature are allowed to review or give their opinions on material!! :roll:

ironman is far from my favorite character, but powering up hulk to the point where he dispatches individuals that in the past held their own against him or even defeated him, with relative ease is laughable to me. for goodness sakes he beats the most powerful heroes in one-sided smashfests without difficulty or sustaining any injuries. the only battle that isn't like that is the last one against sentry and that one was just a draw until his rage o meter got refilled and he went supersaiyan on earth.

the illuminati shooting him into space somehow makes his attack on NYC acceptable and reasonable? not in the slightest, to me it just shows that they were right to try to get him away from the planet. His rage is uncontrollable, he's extremely overpowered/powerful, and he's easily manipulated. if the illuminati were dicks they would've sent him into a sun or black hole somewhere, instead they sent him on a course to a primative paradise where he could live without endangering himself and others. look at the what if issue to see how that would've turned out.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Ironman

NERD FIGHT. you get over yourself. oh no, someone didn't like the story like i did, i'm gonna go insult them because they're wrong.

ironman is far from my favorite character, but powering up hulk to the point where he dispatches individuals that in the past held their own against him or even defeated him, with relative ease is laughable to me. for goodness sakes he beats the most powerful heroes in one-sided smashfests without difficulty or sustaining any injuries. the only battle that isn't like that is the last one against sentry and that one was just a draw until his rage o meter got refilled and he went supersaiyan on earth.

the illuminati shooting him into space somehow makes his attack on NYC acceptable and reasonable? not in the slightest, to me it just shows that they were right to try to get him away from the planet. His rage is uncontrollable, he's extremely overpowered/powerful, and he's easily manipulated. if the illuminati were dicks they would've sent him into a sun or black hole somewhere, instead they sent him on a course to a primative paradise where he could live without endangering himself and others. look at the what if issue to see how that would've turned out.

In regards to powering up the Hulk: His strength, durability, and regeneration are all based off of anger. You have a being, who the Beyonder himself said has an infinite amount of power. Throughtout his career, Hulk has had no upper limit to how strong he gets based on rage.

Now put yourself in his situation. You get stranded on a foreign planet where you're treated as a slave in gladiatorial style arena matches. You fight your way to the top, topple the emporer, and have a queen. Peace finally comes to the land, and a sense of wellbeing. Top it off, you fall in love with your queen who helped you fight up through the ranks. She is carrying your child. Suddenly a bomb goes off and destroys:
* your wife
* your unborn child
* the country you helped build
* everybody, man, woman, and child

You think you know who did it. You know how to get to them. Now I ask you this - would you not be angry if that happened to you? Imagine if someone killed your wife while she was pregnant and you knew where the killer lived. Would you not seek revenge? Would you not be ANGRY?

ANGER = STRENGTH.

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
I just came in here to laugh at you nerds. Hahhah reading some of your responses and seeing your panties getting all wet because you got offended makes me laugh.

<-- better than everyone ;)

:beer:

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Ironman

NERD FIGHT. you get over yourself. oh no, someone didn't like the story like i did, i'm gonna go insult them because they're wrong.

In regards to powering up the Hulk: His strength, durability, and regeneration are all based off of anger. You have a being, who the Beyonder himself said has an infinite amount of power. Throughtout his career, Hulk has had no upper limit to how strong he gets based on rage.

Now put yourself in his situation. You get stranded on a foreign planet where you're treated as a slave in gladiatorial style arena matches. You fight your way to the top, topple the emporer, and have a queen. Peace finally comes to the land, and a sense of wellbeing. Top it off, you fall in love with your queen who helped you fight up through the ranks. She is carrying your child. Suddenly a bomb goes off and destroys:
* your wife
* your unborn child
* the country you helped build
* everybody, man, woman, and child

You think you know who did it. You know how to get to them. Now I ask you this - would you not be angry if that happened to you? Imagine if someone killed your wife while she was pregnant and you knew where the killer lived. Would you not seek revenge? Would you not be ANGRY?

ANGER = STRENGTH.

yes, my anger would be over 9000. i'd go after all those i thought were responsible.
heck, i'd also go after people that weren't responsible (xavier), but could've been. :roll:
i'd also plan to demolish new york city to exact my revenge. icing on the uncontrollable rage cake.

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Originally posted by: E equals MC2
I just came in here to laugh at you nerds. Hahhah reading some of your responses and seeing your panties getting all wet because you got offended makes me laugh.

<-- better than everyone ;)

:beer:

:)

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: timosyy
Ironman

You forgot how quickly Thor rocked his world.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/timosy/Thor_3_DCP_0016.jpg
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/timosy/Thor_3_DCP_0019.jpg

Classic ownage right there.

Pics of Red Hulk in case anybody is interested:
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/com...-20071127083612684.jpg

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Silver Surfer
Venom
Wolverine
Professor X

MJ's boobs (Eric Larson years, particularly)