Best Marvel Character

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: BALIstik916
captain america is the best...without him iron man would have no hand to hand combat

to bad he is dead.

my favs are

spiderman (though don't like they had him and mary jane be a dream)
Wolverine (sopposedly next time he "dies" he is dead for real. they arleady killed off sabertooth so who knows)
deadpool

used to be a big X-men fan. but man its gotten weird. though X-Force looks pretty good.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: djheater
Originally posted by: ballmode
Too many to choose from

I'm not a big fan of superhero comics. The hero story get boring after a while and I need a little anti-hero to spice it up. DC did\does a pretty good job of this. For really creative stories I choose the independants over both though....

Agree 100%. I can't stand Paragons. That's why I was drawn to Wolverine and Daredevil as a kid...there're shades of grey in those characters (never liked the Punisher though). More than them I liked the Dark Knight comics. I also liked the early Spawn comics.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I'm not a big fan of Marvell. DC seems to have a knack for making their characters more believable (although, Marvell does a nice job with Spiderman).

Just a personal preference I guess.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
i'm so behind on comic times... i remember really liking the art & writing of Image comics the last time I was remotely into collecting...

I have a Spawn vs. Batman from the mid-90s that is amazing... some of the graphic novels are wicked too. i could spend so much cash on comics... lol.

the DD "Man Without Fear" 5-comic series was the last really great thing I picked up. that was quite a while ago...

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
I always enjoyed The Hulk, Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Venom. All anti-heroes or a sort, or bad guys that tended to do good on occasion.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Spider-man, but I'm old school. Hulk was another favorite. I haven't read any comics since the late 70s.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
World War Hulk
Red Hulk

World War Hulk showed he was easily powerful enough to smash anybody on Marvel Earth. A simple footstep shook the entire east coast, imagine what would have happened if he stomped on the ground with force?

Plus it was cool seeing Hulk stomp da crap outta every Marvel Hero on Earth that tried to stand up to him.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: JRich
Ironman

Too bad Ironman got his ass whupped by the Hulk in WWH, and got his ass whupped again by Red Hulk in Hulk #2.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Juddog
Ironman

Too bad Ironman got his ass whupped by the Hulk in WWH, and got his ass whupped again by Red Hulk in Hulk #2.

what ticked me off is they started off "civil war" as ironman being behind the "super" mutants. perhaps to cause the registration (wich was hinted his company's had major ties to).

then they just dropped it.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: waggy
Ironman

what ticked me off is they started off "civil war" as ironman being behind the "super" mutants. perhaps to cause the registration (wich was hinted his company's had major ties to).

I just like how Tony Stark had 24 hours prep time to fight Hulk and STILL got his ass whupped. He built a custom suit of giant armor, an adamantium spike to shove through Hulk's skull to inject nanobots, and had the Extremis upgrade on top of that, and STILL got stomped.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Ironman

I just like how Tony Stark had 24 hours prep time to fight Hulk and STILL got his ass whupped. He built a custom suit of giant armor, an adamantium spike to shove through Hulk's skull to inject nanobots, and had the Extremis upgrade on top of that, and STILL got stomped.

and rather easy.

personally i was on the hulks side. they shot him into space and then tried to kill him. yeah yeah it was a "accident" that the ship exploded but richards does not make such mistakes.

anyway it was a good series.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Ironman

and rather easy.

personally i was on the hulks side. they shot him into space and then tried to kill him. yeah yeah it was a "accident" that the ship exploded but richards does not make such mistakes.

Yeah "Planet Hulk" was friggin' awesome. It's what got me into the Hulk, before that I wasn't really interested that much. Planet Hulk + WWH and now Red Hulk, Marvel is making bank off of the Hulk franchise, especially with the new Hulk movie coming out (Edward Norton playing Bruce Banner). I've always liked him as a character as he's always shown to have infinite potential. Even the beyonder himself (from Secret Wars) was surprised that Hulk had literally an infinite amount of energy backing him up.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Ironman

and rather easy.

Yeah "Planet Hulk" was friggin' awesome. It's what got me into the Hulk, before that I wasn't really interested that much. Planet Hulk + WWH and now Red Hulk, Marvel is making bank off of the Hulk franchise, especially with the new Hulk movie coming out (Edward Norton playing Bruce Banner). I've always liked him as a character as he's always shown to have infinite potential. Even the beyonder himself (from Secret Wars) was surprised that Hulk had literally an infinite amount of energy backing him up.

hopefully the new hulk movie does not suck as much as the last one.

havent got any of the red hulk. have to snag that. i ended after WWH

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Ironman

and rather easy.

hopefully the new hulk movie does not suck as much as the last one.

havent got any of the red hulk. have to snag that. i ended after WWH

I'm one of the few people that actually liked the first Hulk movie, but to each their own. I can see why people didn't like it though, as it completely alters the character's history, powers, etc..

The new one is supposedly going to revamp the entire history and what-not, so it's basically going to completely ignore the first one and start over again from scratch. Hopefully it will remain true to it's roots and have more smash-em-up action than the first. There is already a potential tie-in to the new Hulk movie and the new Iron Man movie, as some of the characters in the new Iron Man movie are Hulk characters (some of the military names for example).

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I'm one of the few people that actually liked the first Hulk movie, but to each their own. I can see why people didn't like it though, as it completely alters the character's history, powers, etc..

The new one is supposedly going to revamp the entire history and what-not, so it's basically going to completely ignore the first one and start over again from scratch. Hopefully it will remain true to it's roots and have more smash-em-up action than the first. There is already a potential tie-in to the new Hulk movie and the new Iron Man movie, as some of the characters in the new Iron Man movie are Hulk characters (some of the military names for example).

cool.

poor hulk. he has been grey, green and now red.