Best looking game of the new consoles (so far)

liquidblue

Jan 20, 2005
Haven't seen all of them yet, but the other one with the guy with two pistols shooting at some guys at a museum(?) looks badass. Plus more plausible to be realtime rendering as opposed to the future army squad trailer. Haven't really read, just been watching.

Have yet to see GT5. I think I've stolen enough bandwidth from work today.

Or have I?

Dunn Dunn Duuunnn.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Until I see someone at a controller playing the game, I have to go under the assumption that that is rendered. Sorry, just the cynic in me.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Vision Gran Turismo looks pathetic for next gen. I do not think it is a true sequel, but rather, an extension of GT4 ("expansion" pack?).

F1 PS3 and PGR3 on the other hand... they look amazing.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Originally posted by: venk
REPOSER

About a 120 post thread on this video and if it's pre rendered or not.

General consenses: Some in game, some rendered, lack of HUD is worrisome.

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
Originally posted by: Queasy
Until I see someone at a controller playing the game, I have to go under the assumption that that is rendered. Sorry, just the cynic in me.

confirmed seeing as how the ps3 hardware si still so far from being even ready.
heh heh Im finally a Platinum Member.

Powersupply

Oct 19, 2001
That link from Ziggy led to a page about the killzone (1) trailer, not the e3 2005 trailer.

Although I think the Killzone 2 trailer was pre-rendered anyway...

cmp1223

Jun 7, 2004
here is an ign excert talking about killzone 2:

And the damn controversy continues. Notice how no one ever comes out and says, "Dude, that's me playing." You know, we don't even get a simple, "The footage was generated using the in-game engine and a lot of cool scripting." We always just have to settle with, "Hey, look at out Killzone! It's what we intend Killzone to be." What does that even mean anyway?

So now we come to it... What do IGN editors think. Is the Killzone video real? Will the game look like that?

Jeremy Dunham - IGNPS2
"I don't think so. I think the only way the game will look like that is if they spent several more years in development and knew how to exploit the PlayStation 3 to its fullest. I have no doubt that they can produce cutscenes that good, but then again, the cutscene gave that away!"

Ed Lewis - IGNPS2
"We're probably going to see similar type graphics...hopefully. Because that's what they're aiming for, but...oh man. Hopefully. I mean, right now it's just a concept video. What will it be? I don't know. It's way too early to tell."

Ivan Sulic - IGNPS2
"Hell no."

Juan Castro - IGNCube
"Yes. It will. On PS4... 2009. Or maybe 2015."

David Clayman - IGNXbox
"No. No. No. If that's the style of the game, it will look like that, but not at that level of quality. That had separate animations for every single movement. That is not a game. It was total CG. Those little things giveaway stuff like that real well."

Doug Perry - IGNXbox
"It doesn't look real to me, but it's what I want the game to look like and I hope. But I don't think the developer is capable of that, especially based on the first game."

Stephen Butts - IGNPC
"No. The video is real in the sense that it exists in this time continuum, but no, it does not reflect what the game will look like."

Dan Adams - IGNPC
"No."