Best keyboard under $50?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I don't really care for wireless since it won't help at all, USB hub is a plus, but like wireless, won't really help that much.

Whats the best keyboard you've used? I'd prefer a simple keyboard without 50 customizable buttons all around it, maybe just a few extra buttons other than the standard ones for volume or something, otherwise I'm open to ideas.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
oem microsoft natural multimedia keyboard. ussually goes for about $25 at your local or net computer hardware store.

plus, its black and white color scheme is nicer then the retails cheesy baby blue/white:)

its split, its keys are nice and quiet, its multimedia keys are actually useful, being shaped nice and large and distinctive and made of decent material unlike previous ms keyboards.

logitechs are nice if you don't want split keys.

shekondar

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Old skool IBM Model M. Best keyboard ever made. Nearly indestructable, and usually available cheap at flea markets/junk stores.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Microsoft Natural Keyboard. It's the ergonomic version. I love my keyboard, would not trade it for any other keyboard around.

illustri

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2001
Key Tronic E05305US205-C 104-Key Keyboard Win95 PS/2 L-Shape Enter Key

" Best.Anything.Ever, September 19, 2003
Reviewer: An electronics fan from San Diego, CA United States
I purchased this keyboard on a whim and man was it the best million I've ever spent. THIS KEYBOARD CURES CANCER. It has a button on it that summons Jesus to come and talk to you. WARNING: Don't play BF1942 with Jesus; has the walk-on-water hack. He can also fly and see through walls. This Keyboard changes the oil in your car and makes a killer rump roast. It can also potty train your dog and your kids while serving up SoftServe ice cream (vanilla only as of this writing). "

over your criteria by $999950 but i suppose its worth it

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Microsoft Natural Keyboard. It's the ergonomic version. I love my keyboard, would not trade it for any other keyboard around.

Once you go Natural, you cant ever go back.

Ionizer86

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
MS Internet Keyboard. Very simple and clean, yet it offers 10 more buttons (which can be helpful). I got mine for $5, and I've seen it FAR once (or twice) before as well.

slpaulson

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Sluggo

Once you go Natural, you cant ever go back.

I started out a on natural, and used it for 5 years until I changed over this summer.
Now I've got a wireless Elite.
I've found I type faster on a normal keyboard even though I more or less learned how to type on a split.
Wierd.

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
ibm model m. not appropriate if you need a quiet keyboard though. heh.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i got a wireless chieftech keyboard. black quiet key for 25$ and it came with a wireless mouse. it works great and doesent have many of thoes stupid buttons like most keyboards now do

its got a play button, mute, www, mail, refresh, vol +/- its great

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Beware the Logitech Elite. You have to use the "F-lock" key to use the function keys. It's pretty damned annoying.

ethebubbeth

Golden Member
May 2, 2003
yes, the F-Lock function on logitech keyboards is a HUGE PITA, it becomes almost like a reflex eventually. i'm perfectly satisfied with my 15$ logitech multimedia keyboard

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
microsoft natural pro keyboard (now discontinued) ... used to go for ~15$ at Frys or Newegg... awesome KB..best ive ever had. feels great, terrific design, sturdy as a frigging rock, 2 usb ports, just enough extra "multimedia" buttons. really terrific piece of peripheral