Best Jalepeno Chips??

enwar3

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2005
So.. I was gonna go out for a bag of jalapeno chips, and I always buy Tim's Cascade Style, but I kinda wanna try new things. What kinds of jalepeno chips do you normally buy/like?

rky60

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
I get the Herr's Jalapeno Kettle Cooked, but lately they haven't been as good.

summit

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2001
my roommate likes vickies, but seriously gross ... all jalapeno chips are sick

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Not a chip in the potato sense, but for snack food the new Jalapeno Cheddar Cheetos are excellent!

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: OSx86
Originally posted by: loup garou
Zapp's

Zapp's Crawtator FTW

Creole Tomato & Tabasco are my new addiction. I get them whenever I'm back in LA, or have my friends/family ship me them.

Crap, I just know tonight I'm going to come home drunk and order a case of Zapps and a case of Hubig's pies.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Bucks
Snyder's

I think these are sold elsewhere as Husman's. Same packaging, different name. Husman's Kettle Style Jalapeno gets my vote.

AgentUnknown

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Miss Vickies jalapeno chips. Kettle cooked.

anyone had Dirty's chips? Maui Onion is good.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: AgentUnknown
Miss Vickies jalapeno chips. Kettle cooked.

anyone had Dirty's chips? Maui Onion is good.
I believe Dirtys are made by the same folks that make Zapps in Grammercy, LA, whcih is a good thing to me. I find they aren't exactly the same as Zapps (less seasoning, less potato taste in general, and of course each has differing flavors not available under the other brand), but they are the best kettle cooked chips I can get up here.

May 31, 2001
Dakota Style

You can order and have them shipped if they don't carry them where you are. I had a couple of distant relatives that used to work for them, don't know if they still do.

Originally posted by: vi_edit
Not a chip in the potato sense, but for snack food the new Jalapeno Cheddar Cheetos are excellent!

They taste like the Doritos 3D Jalapeno Cheddar that were discontinued. Tried the Cheetos, prefer the Doritos.