Best Indoor basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
I only see two balls being played with indoors.

#1 Wilson Evolution
#2 TF1000T

Where I play at (SOCAL) most people use the Evolution. I have both balls and use the Evolution mostly. The old version of the TF1000 lost grip quickly and so they've revised it so that grip is there longer after long term use. This is really a subjective matter.

Sep 29, 2004
Ya, what people are saying is pretty consistent with what I read. It's nice to get the confirmation.

Regarding wear, I think I read one person say that their Evolution lasted 7 years before needing replacement.

And I read the same thing about the TF1000.

I'm grabbing an Evolution after work.

And yes, basketball is an indoor sport. Regarding outdoors, people say that the Wilson Wave is the best ball. But I don't know which variation. There is a $25 ball and a $45 ball. Not sure which people actually prefer. My outdoor ball (not sure what make/model) lasted a year. It was nice when new but the grip is already gone. Anyway, I think it is the $20 Wilson Wave Phenom model that people love for outdoors. Someone has it for indoor pickup and it's got amazing grip. One old timer at pickup thinks it has too much grip. Not sure how long it would last outside though.
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f...ype/Indoor+and+Outdoor&fd=Indoor+and+Outdoor&

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...ketball&redirectfrmcatfam=true&frmSearch=true

pDSP1-18993325dt.jpg

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
We play with the Evolution. I like it a lot. But i've always wanted a real NBA leather ball to play with. The Evolution is a bit softer and a bit stickier on your fingers.

Naer

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2013
Gonna get bballing this summer. Just wanted to say it. Outdoor courts

Sep 29, 2004
Bought this for my son:
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45280186&cp=4413887.4414024&fg=Size

It's a 27.5" ball and 15% lighter than the typical 27.5" ball.

I've been reading alot about teaching my 10 year old. And I read something astounding. At his age, we should be using a 27.5"ball, not a 28.5. 28.5" is to big for someone 10 years old except for above average size/strength kids). The problem is that they can not typically shoot with proper form at this age with such a ball. The smaller, lighter ball is better for learning proper shooting form. And that's what matters at age 10. The larger ball just reinforces bad habits.

So, I show it to him before bed and he is in love with it. He's psyched. It's easier to catch. Rebounding is going to be way easier. It's win win!

Oh, ages 11 and under should playing 3 on 3. More touches means more dribbling, passing and shooting per player. And at this age, skills are what are important. Also, shooting on a 9 foot rim is preferred for 9-11. The reason is that it is easier to shoot at and thus (drumroll please) it is easier to reinforce proper shooting form.

Status
Not open for further replies.