Best Humble Bundle ever! Super Meat Boy,Shank,Bit.Trip Runner,Jamestown and Nightsky

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

drizek

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2005
I really wish they had a $5 minimum on stuff like this. It annoys me to know that there are people who actually put between $.01 and $1.

I never heard of any of the games before, but I paid $2 for it just because. A lot of people who don't donate very much weren't likely to buy it anyway. If I think it's worth more later I'll just buy another copy ;)

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I don't know why the dll wasn't included, but I got it from here:
http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php

Put it in the same directory as the game and it should work.

Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) is a cross-platform, free and open source multimedia library written in C that presents a simple interface to various platforms' graphics, sound, and input devices.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_DirectMedia_Layer

Thank you sir. You are a scholar and a gentleman.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
Wow, 1$ million so far.

Total payments: $1,021,191.41
Purchases #: 191,786
Average purchase: $5.32
Average Windows: $4.83
Average Mac: $7.05
Average Linux: $9.73

Windows users are cheap fucks :D And I totally expected Mac to sit at the top.

And someone donated 4,500$ :eek:

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
which of these games are any good; not sure i've heard of them before....
I've played Super Meat Boy and Jamestown extensively, those are pretty damn good, especially SMB. Going by reviews and comments around the web, all of them are great games.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I've played Super Meat Boy and Jamestown extensively, those are pretty damn good, especially SMB. Going by reviews and comments around the web, all of them are great games.

SMB is the perfect balance of difficulty and fun, with a very good pace. Once you get into a groove a new level style or enemy is introduced making things a little harder again. It manages to never feel unfair though, and you know when you jumped too early or late and that you'll fix it next time. It's a bit of trial and error but the levels are so short it's rarely frustrating.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Activated them on steam and they're out of shank keys. If you try to start it up it'll throw an error about the key server not responding.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Just donated $10 to them, although I doubt I will ever play any of the games. I did download them though, incase I ever decide to play them.

I also just bought Fallout 1 & 2, plus 5 other games from GoG for $20. I spent the night playing Fallout 1.

My buddy just gifted me Skyrim last night too on Steam, so I have no idea when I will get around to playing all this stuff. At least the 15 games I got yesterday only cost me a total of $30.

Last edited:

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
Bought two, one as a Christmas present. Platform games aggravate me too much though :p.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Wow! 5 new games were just added to humble bumble! I've got to go check them out when I get home.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
The new games (bringing the total games to 12) are:
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

I tihnk I have played crayon physics and it was a blast. At least I played a drawing game that was based on physics, which was fun.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
This is great because I passed on the third bundle, which they are now including with this one. I feel bad only putting in 10 bux, but considering I had quite a few of these games already...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
damnit, i've had all of those in my wishlist at some point. i do NOT need to be buying more games today

crowbar.jpg

1.jpg