best headphones under 30

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
The JVC cost $20 and have virtually no bass...very little improvement over the stock Ipod phones. Go with the V-moda bass freq's I linked 2 posts above. They range from $32-37 from Amazon with free shipping and no tax to most states. Trust me man....They blow away every other earbud on the market, and easily hold their own against the jumbo Bose/Sony headphones when it comes to solid bass.

PELarson

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
Ignore everyone else my friend. THESE are the best earbuds you can buy.

I don't know how this company does it, but the treble on these buds is awesome, and the bass puts my $80 Sony headphones to SHAME!

Although I have read about some problems with the cable casing causing the cable yo break form the ear buds.

A very good under $30 ear bud are the Sennheiser MX500's with Radio Shack pads.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Originally posted by: IHateMyJob2004
Best ehadphoens under $30? Does it really matter if you are only paying $30?

Yes, because you can get $20 that sound better than $150 headphones.

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
The JVC cost $20 and have virtually no bass...very little improvement over the stock Ipod phones. Go with the V-moda bass freq's I linked 2 posts above. They range from $32-37 from Amazon with free shipping and no tax to most states. Trust me man....They blow away every other earbud on the market, and easily hold their own against the jumbo Bose/Sony headphones when it comes to solid bass.

lol, my sarcasm/shens detector finally kicked in. thanks for the laugh.

IHAVEAQUESTION

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2005
I am also looking for a pair of headphone/earbud but prefer to have BT A2DP capability to go with my cell phone. I will be using it mainly during exercise (running, b'ball)...any suggestion?