Best headphones for $50+ (attn audiophiles!)

kherman

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2002
I've been wanting to buy some KICK A$$ headphones for work for a while.

Requirments:
1) Must be the style that covers you ear. none of those tiny in ear things.
2) Price range $50- $150. I'll only spend over $100 if the benefit is a leap in quality.
3) Must cleanly reproduce bass notes at normal listening levels.
4) They must sound good. SQ is my only real priority for them.

If there is a brand that is regarded to as the best, let me know. Is there a good audiophile web page I could go ask this on?

GoodToGo

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Go here. There is also a rebate for this headphone found here. I know lots of people have said that these headphones are good. I have the 570's too and they rock!

Edit: 570's are running at around $90 right now, you might wanna check them out.

kherman

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2002
Originally posted by: aux
try the headphones forums here

Hrmm, found thisthread at this place. Some $70 head phones.

I'll probably do a post at that forum some time next week. my credit card is going to kill me this month so I have to wait a bit to save up.

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sennhiser HD580s are popular. There is also a 20$ rebate that may bring this to around 150 or so. I've got the 570s which is based on the egg-shaped design....very comfortable, but it supposedly its too "bright"...I've been using mainly for speach/voice dialogue so it actually sounds much better than most audiophile headphones which are dull by comparison. But for music (other than classical), the 570s have gotten some horrible reviews...but I didn't feel like paying $300 for the 600s for my limited listening needs.

Keep in mind that if you go with some of the higher end headphones, most require an amp. You might get away with it for some headphones but it won't sound as good.