Best Headphones/Ear buds under $30?

thecrecarc

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2004
My old koss sparkplugs just broke, and im looking for a replacement. As you can tell buy the price, im not TOO picky on sound quality, but something cheap lightweight portable and decent quality is good. Any suggestions?

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Cabages
I hear Marshmallows are good.

I got 'em and I really like 'em. Under $20. They go in the ear canal like foam earplugs, so they block out external noise. This could be good or bad depending on your situation. In my case this was very good. It also means you don't have to crank up the volume as high.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
if you can spring for $20 more, you can get a great pair of Sennheiser earbuds for around about a max of $50.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Originally posted by: thecrecarc
Originally posted by: HaxorNubcake
Koss KSC75

Heard about those, but i tried one of them on and didnt like the feel :(

Yeah they are uncomfortable, I can't wear them for too long they hurt my ears. But they can sound ohh soo good.

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
koss ksc75's, i don't like the clips either. find a cheapo headphone you can take the headband from and snap the ksc75's into them.
i know walmart had some $5 radio that came with some headphones that worked for this. the jetblue freebies work too, but they're too small for my huge head. :(

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Mrvile
Originally posted by: thecrecarc
Originally posted by: HaxorNubcake
Koss KSC75

Heard about those, but i tried one of them on and didnt like the feel :(

Yeah they are uncomfortable, I can't wear them for too long they hurt my ears. But they can sound ohh soo good.

The ksc35s are thinner & lighter(even sound better), but Koss insists on not selling them, even after bringing them back once.

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: uhohs
koss ksc75's, i don't like the clips either. find a cheapo headphone you can take the headband from and snap the ksc75's into them.
i know walmart had some $5 radio that came with some headphones that worked for this. the jetblue freebies work too, but they're too small for my huge head. :(

Yeah, its a durabrand fm radio. The headband is much better than the ear clips.

Killmenow

Oct 23, 2004
Koss KSC75's are nice; however, if you don't like the clips... maybe Koss SportaPros can do the trick?? Drivers aren't the same, but I found the Sporta's nice too ^^ Right now, I actually have my modded KSC75's clipped onto the Sporta headband.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
In the under-$100 category, I've not heard any better earbuds than my old Sony earbuds. The ones that come in the flat, plastic pancake-style case that you wind the cord inside.

They are fairly sensitive (get loud easily) and actually have some bass to them. I bought a $30 pair of Senheisser buds from Newegg (I'd have to look up the model #) and they were TOTAL crap. No bass, nasaly midrange and they didn't get loud.

Been using my Sony's for....wow, gotta be four years now. I've replaced the ear cushions four or five times...I hope they last another four years.

Killmenow

Oct 23, 2004
Hmmm... it might just be me, but it seems that recently, more and more people are associating loudness with quality. If the OP fells like buying something just about the $50 range, I would recommend a pair of AKG K81DJ's. They provide excellent isolation while still providing an "open" sound. If the OP enjoys bloated bass, the AKG should provide enough bass to keep him happy. If not, then he can simply remove the foam for a more balanced sound. ;) Oh, they are also relatively easy to drive so they can get pretty loud too.

tailes151

Mar 3, 2006
... just so you know you guys can bend the clips on your 75's. I kramermodded as well as headband modded mine and they don't sound quite the same without the clips.

Still the best headphones under $30.

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: tailes151
... just so you know you guys can bend the clips on your 75's. I kramermodded as well as headband modded mine and they don't sound quite the same without the clips.

Still the best headphones under $30.

Mine sound better with the headband because I get a much better fit on my ears. Even with bending the clips, I couldn't get them in a comfortable position (they always felt like they weren't sitting on my ears properly, and so would be leaking sound out moreso than usual).