Best half height video card for this system (E5300)?

cusideabelincoln

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2008
You should measure how much room there is inside the case. I'm not sure exactly what the terminology "half-length" represents. Video cards can be multiple sizes beyond "full" and "half".

California Roll

Nov 8, 2004
Here's what I found on "half length". Looks like 175cm or less?

There are three different kinds of PCI cards: Full-Length, Half-Length, and another type called "Low-Profile" or "Slim." Full-length PCI cards are 107mm (height) X 312mm (long). Half-length PCI cards are 106.68mm (height) X 175.26mm (long). Low-profile PCI cards range from 64.41mm X 119.91mm to 64.41mm X 167.64mm. See the related links section for more information on low-profile PCI cards.

The bus connection is identical for all three types of cards, but most computers will only accomodate half-length PCI cards. You will need to check with a computer manufacturer or take a look at the machine specifications to see if the computer can accomodate a full-length PCI card. The width of cards will vary, but just make sure that the machine chassis is wide enough to support the card.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
The "low power" 9800 GT cards are pretty short, plus do not need the 6-pin PCIe power so it works great with OEM systems. If you get a physical measurement of how long a card can be in that system, I can measure one and let you know if it will fit.

If the system is "standard" micro ATX, then it should fit as I think the cards do not extend past the motherboard (unless there are overlapping drive bays).