Best Good-Sized Budget Gaming Headset?

Qu9ke

Sep 27, 2014
Hello, everyone. This is my first time here, so I'm hopeful that I will find the answer I seek. I have looked elsewhere to no avail. I have come here to ask the community their opinions on what would classify as a good gaming headset that is under $100. Not just that, but I need a good one that fits. My current one, the Turtle Beach Ear Force X11, doesn't fully encompass my head. Because of this the ear cups do not fully cover my ears. My lower lobes are left barely exposed, and this causes discomfort after long term use. I need a gaming headset that fits under these criteria:

1. It is under $100 (preferably)

2. It is better than my current one as far as audio quality if possible

3. It needs to be comfortable

4. Since I am referring to headsets, I of course am talking about headphones with a mic built in. I'm not looking for headphones specifically made solely for audio since that would mean I would need to purchase a mic separately. That and those kinds of headphones seem to get pretty expensive fairly easily.

During my searches I have run across a few mentions of certain headsets such as the Steelseries Siberia V2, Logitech G930, Plantronics Gamecom 380, HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset, etc. I figured I would bring these up here while I'm here to ask if these are worth looking into further. I have originally had my eyes on HyperX, but I want input from the community first. Moving on.

Below will be listed a couple rough measurements that I have made using a measuring tape. We have a cloth one around the house somewhere that you might see tailors use, but I couldn't find it. Regardless, I'm confident the measurements are accurate within 1/16 of an inch (my hair is relatively thick compared to its usual, so that might skew the measurement slightly).

Bottom of left lower ear lobe to other lower lobe: 18 3/4 in.

Ear size: 2 3/4 in.

I'm giving these measurements hoping they will do some good with those who actually know the measurements of headsets out there. I have tried looking myself, but it seems having measurements and dimensions for headsets isn't a standard thing. That blows my mind.

Anyway, I appreciate the time and consideration. I'm looking forward to possible answers in the future.

EDIT: Since I don't run across many opportunities to use a mic I am open to suggestions as well with headphones only for a better aural experience. Since they can be more expensive I will raise the preferred maximum to around $150.

Last edited:

Aspendancer

Aug 24, 2014
I thought the CM Sirus Gaming Headset was the best for around $100 bucks. I must admit I am still using my Grado Labs SR125, pretty out of date but still sound great.

Wow I must be getting old that CM Sirus Headset was good in 2013. How about a Sennheiser PC Series? Really good audio quality on anything Sennheiser.

Warfighter

Oct 4, 2014
I have a playstation pulse elite headset that I literally use for everything. I love the sound I love the wireless capability and it's comfy.

MoJoSoDOPE

May 13, 2014
hyper x cloud was going for under $100 if you want to try those out. i use it for gaming alot, and it is superb for counterstrike. i can hear footsteps coming from exact locations and they are very comfortable. the only weary part is the mic. sometimes it doesnt work as well but thats for like a couple mins(has static and people cant hear you right). if you play around with it, it becomes normal again.