Best Gaming Headset

hulkingsmith99

Apr 13, 2008
I'll apologize in advance if this has been posted before, but I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for a good gaming headset? I play a lot of games that rely on a microphone, so I figured I would simply use my old set of speakers and a new headset ;)
I've been looking over Turtle Beach, Tritton, Sennheiser, Creative Labs, etc but I can't put a finger on which one I perfer...

Anyways I appreciate any advice and thanks!

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I have personal experience with Steelseries 5h(amazing headset) and my current Icemat(steelseries now) Siberia. Both are amazing gaming headsets. Sennheiser also makes great gaming headsets. I really like the Siberias cause they're really comfortable but the 5H's have a really nice feature that I miss with the mic being retractable into the earpiece and you can completely break them down into 3 sperate parts for transportation that makes them nice.

octopus41092

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2008
I have the SteelSeries 5Hv2, basically the same as the 5H but with all the minor flaws fixed. Personally, these are amazing for gaming. However, they aren't the best when you're listening to music or watching movies but it's not bad. Now, if you're getting this headset for gaming, I would definitely get the SteelSeries, they have amazing sound quality in games, can help you pinpoint people in games and enhances footsteps and gunshots. In addition, they're reasonably priced, and you can get a pair for around $75.

nataku00

Dec 5, 2004
I have a pair of steelseries 5Hv2 as well and agree that it's a great gaming headset as it seems to enhance gaming sounds. However, it is average to terrible for listening to music or watching music depending on how much of an audiophile you are as it has terrible bass.

coreyb

Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2007
Buy a pair of Sennheiser 555's or 595's. Then buy a cheap Zalman clip on mic. This will be lightyears ahead of any "gaming" headsets out there.