Best Game of 2007 post your vote!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

calyco

Oct 7, 2004
TF2 all the way. Lots of titles came out this year but nothing I would call great.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
wow i have some serious gaming catching up to do

the only new game i played so far is Bioshock and I quit playing it because i severely need a hardware upgrade. my system was built in '04 and was probably a top-end rig in 2002!

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
side note - I am just about finished with HL2 Ep. 2. Should I got to Stalker, Bioshock, or CoD4 next?

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
Stalker, followed by Bioshock. COD4 was the best in terms of action and cinematic gameplay, but it was short and fast-paced, while I prefer games that have some RPG-type elements, with more free-roaming and open-ended gameplay.

Extelleron

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2005
So many good games that I really couldn't choose.

Top three would be STALKER, CoD4, and Crysis.

I guess if I had to pick one I'd say STALKER. The other two had more "flash" but STALKER was truly different and deserves a lot more attention than it got. Graphics are also truly amazing and performance isn't horrible like Crysis.

Nov 26, 2005
Hard to pick one game. Between UT3, COD 4, and Crysis - so far i like Crysis the best. I wish though I had all the other games mentioned to compare, the result may of been different.

kirilus

Feb 7, 2008
ugh... still play that childish / emotion-filled Half Life game? Portal is THE dumbest logical game I've played so far: its incredibly boring, puzzles are not challenging at all, and the "humor" is very dull. If you want real jokes - play S.T.A.L.K.E.R., IMHO.

Magusigne

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
ORANGE BOX!

Actually in all honesty Portal is great along with TF2.

Seriously though. 50 bucks (not counting all the sale prices) for a product that contains about 4 stand alone games I'd spend 30 or more dollars on is quite a deal.

So for Value and Pure entertainment I'm going to say The Orange Box.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I'm about half-way through CoD4 and it has done very little to change my six-week old opinion of Portal (with TF2 a close second) as best game of 2007. I'll be firing up Bioshock and The Witcher shortly, so we shall see if those games can do anything to change my mind.

KT