Best ecommerce solution for decent budget? drupal + ubercart?

Chosen1

Oct 28, 2010
just trying to get a feel what most people use to setup a fairly standard ecommerce website. i am a very experienced web designer/programmer lacking experience in ecommerce stuff. i have heard great things about drupal and ubercart and wondered if anyone else had opinions.

one thing needed: must interface with quickbooks and ubercart seems great.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I've been digging into Drupal, and it's very powerful but it's not as fast to set up as some other CMSes.

But just from my limited experience, you can do damn near anything with Drupal with a bit of patience and learning how CCK and Views work.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I did a site in Joomla this summer, and they're quite a bit different. Joomla is very easy to configure, just drop in a couple modules and choose a theme and you're done. Drupal + CCK + Views turns into more of a development framework.

milehigh

Nov 1, 1999
I finally settled in with Prestashop. I really liked Tomatocart and wanted so badly for it to work but they really screwed up a 1.1 release and I didn't have time to wait for the bug fixes but it really shows potential and has a super intuitive admin interface.

As a designer/programmer the prestashop templates were very easy to customize.

Chosen1

Oct 28, 2010
joomla is easy, yes, for the standard stuff. but it is very tricky for some really advance stuff that isn't in line with the themes and templates you choose. i always find my final product drastically different from the theme and template i started with, with a lot of custom code

i dunno, i enjoy a challenge.

how does prestashop work from a design stand point? is it very easy to write your own html/css and implement your own artwork etc... ?