Best - easiest wayy to convert WMA > AAC or even mp3 on a mac

BabaBooey

Lifer
Jan 21, 2001
Well since I ditched windows pc's I now need to convert about 40+GB of tracks to AAC or MP3 to play on my mac iTunes....why don't they include this feature like they do on a windows machine......:hmm:

So I want the best / easiest way / program ( paid or free ) to convert these on my MBP ?

I have all the stuff on a external hdd,if that matters...

Thanks..

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
iTunes will do it.

However, you can just use other software to play the WMA files directly, with no need to convert them at all.

By the way, I think you can convert WMA files to QT .mov files without re-encoding and iTunes will supposedly play them, but I don't know if there is software that will do it automatically.

BabaBooey

Lifer
Jan 21, 2001
Itunes on my mac has no option to do this,there is a convert option but keep getting a error message no matter what I try....:(

So how do I do this with iTunes on a mac ?

edit: Here is the error message I get....

7HEus.png

Last edited:

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Weird.

I only tried this with a much older version of iTunes on a Mac, and it worked back then. I haven't tried it recently.

How are those wma files encoded? Did you have the Preferences set up correctly in iTunes?

BabaBooey

Lifer
Jan 21, 2001
Once again,thanks for the help and my friend stopped by and he had his easywma and it worked like a charm...:thumbsup:

Have a good night all ...