Best DSS receiver? Want HDTV..

FortFunFoSho

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
I am about to buy a new Receiver off ebay and I am trying to figure out which one is the best. Anyone an expert on this stuff?

I know a couple of years ago when I first got mine the Sony had double processors so the menuing was about double the speed.

Anyone have any suggestions or good websites to use?

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I've got the Samsung SIR-T160 and it's great. It does DTV and OTA (Over the Air) broadcast. If you don't have DTV And don't plan to, get the T165.

arod

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2000
If you dont have Dish Network, they will give you a free one if you sign up with them, bad news is theyre bery backed up with orders.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
If you wait just a little while longer, you can get an HDTV Tivo. Four tuners (2 for Off-the-air, 2 for Satellite - any two in any combination can be recording concurrently).

Should be cool.

All this for only US$1000.00 !

Otherwise www.abtelectronic.com usually have a couple on special (red tag / return / recon) and they are factory warranty.

----->IMHO<----, stay away from the RCA DTC100 - original technology, old, slow, crummy codec, RGB out only (need an "converter" for component), runs hot ... a decent box in its day, but you can do much better these days for just a little more money.

Good Luck

Scott