Best drivers for Geforce2 MX?

Marksels

Oct 17, 1999
I bought a Leadtek Winfast Geforce2 MX last weekend and have been playing around with drivers (5.32 DET2 and 6.18 DET3) And notice that even though the 6.18 are much faster (39fps @ 1024 32bpp in q3 with 5.32 compared to 50fps @ 1024 32bpp with 6.18) but seems to have problems with some of my games and also not to mention no 4x AGP. With the 5.32 WCPUID says my AGP is @ 4x and that my max is 4x while the 6.18 it says its at 2x and that my max is 2x. Other than that i find the 5.32 to be more combatible and stable, for me atleast, than i do the 6.18. I also am running a AMD system, i heard that people with AMD systems have trouble with 6.18, so that can probably be part of my problem.

PS: What is Nvidia's time line for drivers? A new one each month? or two? Also does Nvidia know of these problems? and would they probable fix them by the next set of 6.xx drivers? I realy miss the speed, but one glitch is one glitch to many for me.

Sporko

Sep 5, 2000
I just got an ASUS V7100 GeForce2 MX and have been playing with the drivers also. I too got a lot better 3D performance with the Det. 6.18 but it really was poor for 2D - all my 2D screens had this fine horizontal banding and the display was generally less clear. I'm sticking with the ASUS 5.30 drivers for now.

rampage2001

Sep 12, 2000
I have a MX and use the 6.18 drivers. I also use a Athlon system and found that with my A7V I had to have the newest drivers for the mobo to get fast writes to work properly. I'd suggest putting up with the new detonators until 6.2 when all the problems will be erased. 6.18 has digital vibrance, I dont know how I didn't get a headache before without it and improved dvd.. I'm getting none of the symptoms you guys talk about and the same ballpark FPS in Q3.

Marksels

Oct 17, 1999
Well my problems is realy only in one game. Everything else runs perfectly and my 2D looks fine IMO with the 6.18. The problem that i have is with the Sims. When i exit the game my mouse pointer in Windows gets messed up (either stays as the working in background or a cursor from in the game) Considering i play this game alot it just gets annoying. I havent yet to expereince these problems with 5.32 drivers though. If i can tolerate restarting my computer each time i finish a game of Sims i would stick with the 6.18, but that just doesnt seems pleasing to me. Also is that the name of the next drivers, 6.20? if so any idea on when those will be released? I mean i havent even heard a thing of leaked Nvidia drivers in along time. That just makes me feel Nvidia is getting a little slow on the drivers right now. Also i noticed that in the 5.32 readme were they list the cards its compatible with it doesnt list Geforce2 MX and i also dont get a Twin Veiw tab as i did with 6.18.