Best drivers for 6600gt?

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
Does anyone with a 6-series card (or perhaps any Nvidia card) have any specific video drivers that they prefer to use for STALKER (XP, 32bit)?

There was a recent release on Tweaksrus (it was an 86.something driver) that was supposed to be really good, but it gives me skybox problems in STALKER when the game is in full screen.

So now I'm just looking for the best possible driver for the game based on others' experience.

SonicIce

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
So how well does the 6600 GT handle Stalker? Can it maintain playable framerates at nice settings? I was going to suggest the game to a friend with one.

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
Originally posted by: SonicIce
So how well does the 6600 GT handle Stalker? Can it maintain playable framerates at nice settings? I was going to suggest the game to a friend with one.

It plays Static mode really well on the "basic" maximum settings (at 10x7). Adding the "lower-end" dynamic lighting looks a LOT better in some cases, but the 6600gt really can't handle it well at all (unless you're at a really low resolution and turn all of the other settings down). I actually encountered more graphical glitches with dynamic lights on than off with my 6600gt.

So yeah, if your friend doesn't mind playing in Static mode (it's not horrible, but the lighting engine is what makes the game shine), the 6600gt is fine.

Anyone else have drivers to recommend (preferably tested with STALKER and a 6600gt)?