Best drinks for gaming - intellectual Analysis!

What is your favorite drink for gaming?

• Beer! Beeeeeeer!!!! Slurred team speech and sloppy FPS play FML.

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Vodka!! Martini Shaken not stirred....snobby drink!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rum. Rum and coke. Yuk. Wannabee pirate.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Gin! Gin n Tonic! Angry man drink! F**** this game I quit!!!!

• Mixed Fruity Drink!! More Sugar! More sugar I love bad hangovers!

• Scotch. With a Cigar! Sophisticated Evil Genious drink. I like to calmly grief other players.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Wine. More cheese, more whining!

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Soda. Borrrringggg.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Bourbon. I'm a cowboy bitches!! Yeeeehaaawww! I love shots and puking.

• Tequila!!! "Do you remember what happened last night" says the wife....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JeffNY35

Dec 16, 2009
Great Monday Hangover Thread. Yeah that's right!

What is your beverage of choice during long gaming sessions and why?

For me, right now I am in the Gin category. Been playing quite a bit of dirty bomb. And if one beverage goes well for me with FPS play it is gin. After the third or 4th though I start getting pissed off. Probably muttering f*** this f*** that, the wife asks why, argument ensues. Good times!

Very dangerous and to avoid at all costs is the Gin - Tequila combo multi class. Especially with a Chaotic Evil alignment like myself. Mix angry drunk with blackout drunk. If this happens, something is likely broken, I pissed off somebody during gaming and the wife is asking me what I remember from last night. That is the worst question to be asked in the morning.

Happy f****** Monday everyone.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
Where is the option for water? I like me some whiskey and whisky and beer here and there but not while gaming.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
ive been team killed by raging drunks who didnt know up from down, that i swore i would never make a fool out of myself like that.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Monster? Does that count as soda? How about Gatorade? Actually lots of times I have some chocolate milk at hand. *shrug*

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I'll have water or juice or some tea when I'm gaming and nothing else. PC Gaming is serious business man.

Now I'm playing on a console with friends, we might be having beers and/or scotch.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
The Dark Octopus used to be a little gang I ran around with in various games over the years, that liked drinking beer.

We were kind of a subsidiary Merc guild of the Blackthornes at the time in DAOC.

The Guild Leader of The Blackthornes used to joke around that he just needed to tell OCT there was a keg inside a keep and we'd take it out :)

RAWR!!!

We used to go raising hell around the game in general, and in a few others.

Was about 12 people PVPing a lot.

We'd hook up with others on raids.

OCT didn't need roads, we'd casually run over things, sneak into places we weren't expected to be, etc.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
1, how is a vodka martini a snobby drink?
2, who does shots of bourbon? It's a sipping drink
3, scotch is literally whiskey made in Scotland and no different than bourbon
4, i'm 12 and what is this

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
I can drain a 1.5L bottle (53fOz?) of Diet Coke while gaming and not go to the bathroom once!
so i guess my vote is Soda.

Suman Verma

Sep 14, 2016
I prefer the one with lots and lots of sugar. May be a fruit beer, fruit juice or some shake with much sugar in it.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Juice (fruity juices, lemonade, orange juice, etc), and the occasional single beer or coffee (can't drink more than one beer, I'm not tolerating alcohol well). Generally-speaking, however, I just don't drink or eat at all while I play a game, I find it to be a distraction / interruption. Not to mention that I tend to procrastinate the cleaning of my desktop environment if I end up drinking and eating while at the computer. And since I'm a probably obsessed with having a clean and organized environment around me, normally I just stand up and walk to my kitchen and eat and drink there if I want a snack or something.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
The vast majority of the time it is water, but sometimes a soda or beer or coffee.

I have had a night or 2 of drinking too much and playing Rocket League. While fun at the time, it's not so great in the morning!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
1, how is a vodka martini a snobby drink?
2, who does shots of bourbon? It's a sipping drink
3, scotch is literally whiskey made in Scotland and no different than bourbon
4, i'm 12 and what is this

whoa, careful there. There is blended scotch whiskey and single malt scotch whiskey. bourbon itself is a blend, but is still not the same as blended scotch whiskey. single malt whiskey (whether it be from Scotland or elsewhere) is very different from bourbon.

"Scotch" is a generic catchall term for the type of whiskey that one finds in Scotland. It is made differently than bourbon and while you will find blended scotch frequently, it is traditionally associated with malt whiskey.

Reactions: MongGrel

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I don't think you guys understand. I answered the question. Its done now. The best gaming drink is the Lo-carb Monster (blue label). Get yours today.