Question Best current headphones for PC gaming < $150

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
EDIT* Never mind, there are many threads of a similar nature. I'll take a look through those. Seems like everyone reccomends avoiding headsets, which I had planned to do, but the specific models are varied as one would expect. I'll be looking at what newegg has on offer and see if I can find something in the mid $100 range to run with. Thanks!

As the title says I'm looking for recommendations for new gaming headphones under $150. It does not need to be a headset, I don't really use the mic at all, but I would prefer that its geared towards pc gaming. This would be for all sorts of gaming but the main driver is battlefield and those types so situational awareness (surround) is preferred. I don't really have space for a full speaker setup until I move back to the US so it needs to be headphones. This price range excludes anything remotely audiophile like and I know that, though decent music reproduction would be nice.

I've been looking at the steelseries arctis 7 as an option, but it's a full headset and I feel like I could get something better in just the headphone category, but maybe not? It would need to support games as fully as possible.

I should note that I'll be driving these via my motherboards audio, which is a gigabyte aurous 7 wifi. I do have an older sound blaster z pcie sitting around I could use as well if that would be better, though I've always struggled with their drivers.

recommendations?

Last edited:

SomRoy_9x

Apr 7, 2019
HyperX Cloud Revolver S
- around $150
- connects via 3.5mm or USB
- sensitivity: 100.5dB
- amazing comfort, incredible sound
- great value-for-money

Ben Green

Jun 12, 2019