• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Best Combat Flight Sim?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I've enjoyed MS Flight Sim X for some time now, now I'm looking to transition. However, most of the combat flight sims I've been able to find either suck or focus on WWII/Prop aircraft. While I can definitely see the fun in this, I'd also like to be able to go supersonic and shoot missiles.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Lock-On is pretty much all that's available right now. Sadly so few of us buy these games they just aren't made anymore.

You get a diverse set of aircraft: A-10, F-15, SU-33, SU-27, Mig-29, SU-25/25T

I was hardcore into it for a couple years but haven't played in a while.

ZappDogg

Jul 18, 2005
I tried playing LO:MAC way back in the day...hated how hard it was.

I decided to give it another chance last week. I still suck as hard now as I did back then. I miss the games from Jane's so much.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: ZappDogg
I tried playing LO:MAC way back in the day...hated how hard it was.

I decided to give it another chance last week. I still suck as hard now as I did back then. I miss the games from Jane's so much.
You have to dedicate yourself to learning the controls and then it's extremely satisfying to drop bombs and so forth. The tutorials help a little but there are some really nice user made manuals out there that explain every bit of everything you ever wanted to know.

Something else that helped me is getting a decent HOTAS, with my X-52 I could map Air/Nav/Ground keys to different profiles and basically never had to use the keyboard for anything.

It's not as arcdey as the Jane's games, which I liked, a lot.

I would really like another Lock-On to be made, with the most up to date planes, Super Hornet, F-35, F-22, F-15E.

That would really be awesome.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I still play F22 Lightning 3. Love the nukes. Seems like this genre has been asleep too long.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scarpozzi PC Games 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY