best cold air intake for rsx? (ricer jokes welcome)

Taggart

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
Best cold air intake for 2002 RSX-S? That's probably the only mod I'm going to do.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
I base this off of nothing but heresay, but AEM usually makes a good CAI, especially for Hondas

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
I also hear AEM designs good intakes. You can always fabricate one yourself if you're handy with a welder (or ABS cement :Q).

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: geno
I base this off of nothing but heresay, but AEM usually makes a good CAI, especially for Hondas

I'll second that.
I had an AEM CAI on my 99 Eclipse (non-turbo) and it definitely increased power from mid-upper RPMs (butt-dyno results).
Injen also makes a very nice CAI, but I just prefer AEM because they tend to sound better than Injen while making the same or better power.
-my 2 cents

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Since when is a CAI rice?
Rice is ugly body kits, big ugly parkbench wings, altezzas, and/or 20"+ wheels.
A CAI is an an actual performance mod, and an RSX-S is a car with respectable performance numbers.

All the recommendations here are good. I just put an Injen CAI on my GF's 2.5RS, and my sensitive butt-dyno says it was a good improvement.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
AEM is good from what I hear. I've heard a lot of people say that a CAI improves low end response dramatically - it's basically ball-less in the low RPM's until the i-vtec kicks in and the CAI helps that out

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Taggart
Originally posted by: PowerMac4Ever
Originally posted by: Howard
Originally posted by: tranceport
eat rice.
You know that a tuned K20A2 engine (the RSX-S engine) can provide 320WHP without forced induction or nitrous?
who cares?

I do. I had no idea. I'm gonna try to get it up to at least 250:D

go with the hks :)

edit: turbo kit, blitz intercooler, hks boost controller, hks bov and your set :D

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
just put on an AEM sticker...excuse me, "decal"

i hear it adds like 40hp (minimum) before you even put the intake on

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Just rip out your left headlight and leave a nice big gaping hole there. LOTS of air flow that way. You should take a paper towel and place on the back of the opening to prevent birds and small children from being sucked in too.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: kyparrish

The year 1998 called, it wants it's joke back.
rolleye.gif

puffpio

Golden Member
Dec 21, 1999
AEM cold air makes the one of the most power for the RSX-S..but the install is very involved due to all the crap in the way. I heard it's a pain the butt.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Just rip out your left headlight and leave a nice big gaping hole there. LOTS of air flow that way. You should take a paper towel and place on the back of the opening to prevent birds and small children from being sucked in too.
don't use Brawny though, I hear those pockets can really kill airflow

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
Originally posted by: atom
Originally posted by: kyparrish

The year 1998 called, it wants it's joke back.
rolleye.gif

just figured i'd be the first to drop what i consider to be the "standard" of ricer jokes...

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
CAI is a performance mod, nothing rice about it, all you rice haters can go elsewhere to find a bone to pick on.

Don't jump on the bandwagon and yell rice just for the hell of it, when you don't even know jack about what you're talking about.

And the comment about sticker adding 40hp
rolleye.gif
haha?? The funny metre's definitely broken 'cause I ain't laughing at the joke, just at you.

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
Originally posted by: PeeluckyDuckee
CAI is a performance mod, nothing rice about it, all you rice haters can go elsewhere to find a bone to pick on.

Don't jump on the bandwagon and yell rice just for the hell of it, when you don't even know jack about what you're talking about.

And the comment about sticker adding 40hp
rolleye.gif
haha?? The funny metre's definitely broken 'cause I ain't laughing at the joke, just at you.

i see, i see...pick on the n00b when he drops the "standard" ricer joke

i'm not a "rice hater"...i've never owned a honda/civic/toyota "ricer," but I have owned a 2000 Ford Ranger that most on this forum would consider "rice"...but I considered it perfect :)