Best coffee maker that's not silly expensive

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I can't do the condensed milk. Shit is like candy. why do people put sugar in their coffee?

I like it in moderation with my vietnamese coffee. I'd put about a third of what's in that picture.

However with my espressos I take it straight black.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm sorry but watch this video and tell me with a straight face that hot dogs are good food. Don't get me wrong, I like a nice hot dog occasionally but good food it ain't.

I like my hot dogs with relish, a little bit of ketchup and a little bit of mustard.

That is false, and not a hot dog.

A hot dog is 100% pure all beef frankfurter on a poppy-seed bun.
The toppings, condiments (important) are: yellow mustard, diced white onion, sweet pickle relish (neon relish, or sweet relish with mint), sport peppers (usually 2 or 3 of them), tomatoes, a big kosher dill pickle spear, and some celery salt.

If you add ketchup, then it is completely ruined. A proper hot dog, steamed to perfection and dragged through the garden is indeed "good food", not good as in "healthy" but good as in "tasty and filling" ....

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
That is false, and not a hot dog.

A hot dog is 100% pure all beef frankfurter on a poppy-seed bun.
The toppings, condiments (important) are: yellow mustard, diced white onion, sweet pickle relish (neon relish, or sweet relish with mint), sport peppers (usually 2 or 3 of them), tomatoes, a big kosher dill pickle spear, and some celery salt.

If you add ketchup, then it is completely ruined. A proper hot dog, steamed to perfection and dragged through the garden is indeed "good food", not good as in "healthy" but good as in "tasty and filling" ....

you ruined it with yellow mustard already.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Ground dry mustard seed = mustard FLOUR.

BTW, the 'propah' name for French's & other bright yellow mustard types is 'sissy mustard'.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I had to drink Folgers for twelve days during the power outage after hurricane Sandy, except for the occasional diner coffee. It was brutal.

The (Black?)Silk isn't bad. That and Maxwell House dark roast are on my short list when getting run of the mill coffee.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
The (Black?)Silk isn't bad. That and Maxwell House dark roast are on my short list when getting run of the mill coffee.

I could heat water so I certainly could have made real coffee. Basically have no right to complain, except that we had many other issues so improving the coffee fell rapidly to the bottom of the list during that time.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i do a cup or two in my hand grinder + aeropress + stove kettle every day

but have thought about trying to get some things that make the process a little more consistent and quicker

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I paid ten bucks for the coffee maker I bought in 1986 or so and still use 3-4 times a day. A stove top stainless steel Italian VeV espresso moka machine. It was priced higher, but the coffee chamber had it's top gismo jammed into it. I talked to a manager and they consented to discount it for me. I was "yeah, this for me," at Whole Earth Access Company in Berkeley, CA! They went under but I've kept this gismo working with considerable determination and ingenuity! Still gorgeous and the coffee's delicious!

A Capresso coffee grinder I bought around a year ago was a welcome addition to my coffee brewing ritual.

Reactions: brianmanahan

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Trust me, I drink coffee from wherever I can get it, so I'm not a snob (though I do enjoy a fancy cup of coffee too). I have just never had a Keurig cup that I could stomach, though I have not tried those plastic-free ones, maybe those would help.

KT
The only time I have used those is in a hotel room. I had no choice... have NEVER called room service. :)