Best case options for Corsair 100i and 115i watercooling?

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I'm looking for a midtower case to fit either a 100i (2x120mm fans, which I currently have) and a 115i (2x140mm fans, which I may switch to.) Are there some good cases built to accomodate these?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
The Corsair Vengeance C70. You will see among posts in this forum a resurrected thread started by WGusler. I posted a lot, and his project was interesting to follow. I had been using CoolerMaster HAF 922 midtowers myself -- still have three of them. I needed a new case for a project, and I bought the Corsair Vengeance. This meant I would return to 140mm fans.

You can check again, but I believe the C70 will fit the 115i -- probably in the top-panel. I am sure I made that investigation. In fact, pondering over the last five minutes between these sentences, there was a Corsair Compatibility Chart on their website. The H115i will fit that case.

Note on appearances. The ammo-box green model is one of two. You can also get it in charcoal. Also, it should be easy to primer and paint if you want some specific color.

Reactions: Miramonti

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Nice, thanks for that BonzaiDuck. Looks like it will indeed fit both the 100 and 115, and sometimes both push and pull fans above and below it, depending. Right now I've got my 100i hanging out a hole in an acrylic side panel, strung up by a couple thin bungie straps from the top of the case, lol. It's ugly altho not a bad spot since the air cooling it is cooler than would be if it were inside the case.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Nice, thanks for that BonzaiDuck. Looks like it will indeed fit both the 100 and 115, and sometimes both push and pull fans above and below it, depending. Right now I've got my 100i hanging out a hole in an acrylic side panel, strung up by a couple thin bungie straps from the top of the case, lol. It's ugly altho not a bad spot since the air cooling it is cooler than would be if it were inside the case.

Well, some folks may be put off by the C70 for aesthetic reasons. WGusler had a different concept of aesthetics: He WANTED it to look like a 50-cal Ammo box. But the latches and handles all seem as sturdy as real Ammo boxes you can buy at the military surplus store.

For me, it has all the more traditional ventilation options where some cases fall short.