Best case for x40 and or x60

xorbex

Jan 4, 2013
I'm looking for advice on a mid case with a swappable hdd slot on the top of the case something like my Thermaltake V9 Blacx. I want to be able to mount a Kraken X40 or a X60. Any ideas would be appreciated.

dma0991

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2011
Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced or Corsair 650D. Both of these have the HDD caddy at the top and able to mount a 140mm/280mm radiator at the back or top.

dma0991

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2011
The Corsair 650D does come with a HDD caddy, look closer. Read through the link you've posted, Cooler Master 692 II = CM690 II Advanced, it will fit. The link you posted mentions both cases will fit but the Corsair 650D will need minor modifications.

xorbex

Jan 4, 2013
The Corsair 650D does come with a HDD caddy, look closer. Read through the link you've posted, Cooler Master 692 II = CM690 II Advanced, it will fit. The link you posted mentions both cases will fit but the Corsair 650D will need minor modifications.

Ty for pointing out the 650D, I went to their site but didn't see that listed in the specs and didn't find a picture with that door open on the top. I saw the 692 and probably will go for that.

Where did you find the X60? I can't find one anywhere.

I don't have the cooler yet. I am trying to figure out what I need to order for my next build/upgrade. I see the X60 is killing in the reviews so I want to plan ahead for it.

nubian1

Aug 1, 2007
I have the Kraken X60 (Bought it at Frys in Houston last week)
I also have the CM6890 Advanced MK2

The CM690 MK2 fits the X60 at the top but the thickness of the radiator combined with the included fans will not aloow a motherboard like my Asus Sabertooth Z77 to be installed. The included fans can also NOT fit under the top case cover as it will not snap closed if they are installed there.

With respect to the bottom of the case, it also fits but the shear size of the radiator will get in the way of the power supply cable and the bottom hard drive cages will have to be removed to even accommodate the radiator.

All in all even though the CM690 MK2 is listed on NZXT's site I think it has more to do with the spacings for the mounting holes as opposed to actually installing the Kraken X60

That being said I am looking for a case that has the clearence at top (And proper fan mount spacings) to get this thing mounted. Any ideas???