Question Best case fans and CPU cooler for high ambient temps 90 °F and higher

drthrd

May 4, 2010
The case is the Corsair Carbide Series 200R. My motherboard is Asus Z170-A. I am not overclocking. The ambient temperature is going to be 90 °F and higher. I plan on filling the case with fans. For the 120mm fans, I was looking at NF-A12x25 PWM. They are high though. NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM is at a good price. How much better would the NF-A12x25 PWM keep things cooler than the NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM. I haven't looked at any 140mm fans yet but I assume Noctua is the brand to get. What are the top brands for case fans? I was planning on putting two 140mm fans on the top of the case for exhaust fans. Two 140mm fans on the door for intake. Two front 120mm fans for intake.

For the CPU I was looking at the NH-D15. But would the NH-U14 or NH-U12 be good enough? What other CPU coolers would you recommend? Thank you.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
With 90F ambients you cant really do much, nor would it be very effective.
The best way to judge if fans will help or not is to take the side panel of your case off, and see how much of a delta it helps with the panel on.
From there you can check to see if your system is starved of air or not, and by how much, and from there we can probably guide u to fan selection.

I love noctua however the price tag on them i do not.
Its more practical for me to get 2 Artic Cooling fans, for the price of 1 noctua in locations where you do not need the quiet performance of a noctua fan.

Also the D15 is a top tier air heat sink, it bests some CLC coolers even, so i do not think you need to change coolers at all especially since you are not overclocking.