Best car driving simulator?

The Day Dreamer

Nov 5, 2013
My sister is thinking of learning driving and I though it would be great if she had some simulation experience before getting on the road.

Non race based are preferred if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Euro truck simulator? I don't think there are any car driving simulators, unless maybe you count GTAV.

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
Crazy taxi? Fun game. But honestly no video game will teach you real driving. Real driving imho starts with setting up your mirrors and seat position correctly and being mindful of everything around you. No video game can teach you any of this.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Probably spend the money on drivers' training classes and skid school.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
After she learns how to drive sit down with her and watch Russian dash cam vids on youtube. Explain to her what went wrong in each crash and why you saw danger before it happened. This should really help beef up her defensive driving instincts.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
yea, no good simulator that I know of. Probably safest and easiest to go to empty parking out or out in the countryside and practice with her.

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
rFactor 2 or Project CAR and use the Renault Clio car, probably the slowest car you can find.

Otherwise there's not really any close to realistic road driving game other than Test Drive which doesn't have great physics.

My friend practiced up in the mountains and industrial area on weekends when she was getting her license.

Last edited:

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
There used to be an actual car driving simulator years and years ago, like maybe the late 90s, I used to have it. It had lousy physics, bad graphics and terrible sound, but it fully simulated everything in a car. It was a driving test simulator actually, because you needed to follow all the rules of the road and if you missed one (like not signaling to move over) the game would stop and you'd fail the test.

Here's a look at a more modern game in the genre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euroEj9_a18