Best Buy/Verizon promotion question?

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Yesterday I was in the Best Buy where we bought my wife's Samsung phone. We bought it back in October, and there was a $500 off promotion. So the one employee was helping someone with a new phone, and we waited 20 minutes, but had to leave. They never did text us when like they were supposed to that we were next up. I also called and was on hold long enough that I got pissed and hung up.

Anyway does anyone recall exactly how they give you the $500 back? IIRC they simply reduce the monthly payment to reflect the lowered principal. However my bill is still showing the entire payment as if no credit has been applied, months later. I'm going to try later today to call ahain, the store is 30 minutes from us and I can't just drive there on a whim.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has had the same situation, and recalls how they are reimbursed. I'm curious right now, bordering on irritated hoping we didn't get screwed.

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Yesterday I was in the Best Buy where we bought my wife's Samsung phone. We bought it back in October, and there was a $500 off promotion. So the one employee was helping someone with a new phone, and we waited 20 minutes, but had to leave. They never did text us when like they were supposed to that we were next up. I also called and was on hold long enough that I got pissed and hung up.

Anyway does anyone recall exactly how they give you the $500 back? IIRC they simply reduce the monthly payment to reflect the lowered principal. However my bill is still showing the entire payment as if no credit has been applied, months later. I'm going to try later today to call ahain, the store is 30 minutes from us and I can't just drive there on a whim.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has had the same situation, and recalls how they are reimbursed. I'm curious right now, bordering on irritated hoping we didn't get screwed.
Not with this but usually its 2-3 payments out because they need to make sure you don't cancel it too early.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Got it sorted today, they will start reducing the monthly payments next billing cycle. Phew.