Best Buy employees?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Originally posted by: Krueger81
Originally posted by: rudeguy
Originally posted by: Krueger81
5% + Cost + pack+putting up with $hitty customers and retail environment

*fixed*

Not if you're a tech... you aren't on the floor constantly. That's a PLUS.

No instead you deal with moronic customers all day who don't know sh!t about what they are talking about and get even more pissed when they find out how much your craptastic services run.

mchammer

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
So for a laptop that is $1,500, what would the cost be around? I'm surprised they tell anyone that information.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: mchammer
So for a laptop that is $1,500, what would the cost be around? I'm surprised they tell anyone that information.

Maybe $100 off or so.

mchammer

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
Originally posted by: minendo

Maybe $100 off or so.

So if a regular customer bought it, BB's profit would be about $150.00?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo

Maybe $100 off or so.

So if a regular customer bought it, BB's profit would be about $150.00?

If that. Discounts on computers are next to nothing. $100 is probably the max you would get off of a new computer.

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
They don't make much on the computers; they make it on the extended service plans, setup fees (update your windows/antivirus stuff), and the computer accessories, such as printers, ink cartridges, mice, etc.

Jassi

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Originally posted by: jamesbond007
They don't make much on the computers; they make it on the extended service plans, setup fees (update your windows/antivirus stuff), and the computer accessories, such as printers, ink cartridges, mice, etc.

Before anyone asks, I think you get 25% off the warranty/ Service plans. I quit about 9 months ago but I did look up some laptops before I quit and you end up paying more for laptops with the discount because you can't apply for Best Buy MIRs.

Edit: Forgot to mention, BB has some of the biggest idiots in the world working for them. They know nothing and back then, you didn't even need an A+ certification to work for the Geek Squad.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Jassi

Before anyone asks, I think you get 25% off the warranty/ Service plans. I quit about 9 months ago but I did look up some laptops before I quit and you end up paying more for laptops with the discount because you can't apply for Best Buy MIRs.

Used to be even more than that off. Hell I paid ~$25 for an inhome computer psp.

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Edit: Forgot to mention, BB has some of the biggest idiots in the world working for them. They know nothing and back then, you didn't even need an A+ certification to work for the Geek Squad.

Yeah, one of my friends just got put into the Dork Squad and he has to call me every other day, if not daily, to answer questions that other employees have or that customers want.

Utterly pathetic. BB is a great place for college drop-outs though that have lost all hope and like to bend over for corporate execs. If you can go against what should be morally wrong by 100% of society and sell them a product or plan with a straight face that should be free just for paying for their ridiculous "customer service", then Worst Buy is for you.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001

An A+ is no more than expensive toliet paper anyways.