Best Buy brick and morter, Best Buy online, Amazon, which would you trust more?

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
I think I'm going to get a Samsung tab S7+ tablet. At least the 256mb one, so I get the 8 rather than 6 MB of memory. Last I looked Best Buy online and Amazon both have them for $729. Then I went into Best Buy by me just awhile ago, I was going to buy one there, but they said they didn't have them in stock and would have to order them for me, and it would be the same price as the Best Buy online store. I asked what the return policy was, and they said 14 days. If they had one I probably would have bought it then, but since they didn't I figured I would ask you guys this question. You may in the aggregate know basically nothing about chemistry (with notable exceptions, like Lab Rat), but this should be right up your tech support alley LOL.

If you had to buy the S7+ from any of those 3 sources, which would you pick, and why? Assume they are all the same price. I love Amazon, but when I was reading their S7+ page about the returns I didn't see the "you can return this in 30 days no questions asked" language that I am used to. The good thing about buying it locally is I KNOW I can take it back in 14 days if I don't like it.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I just found out recently that you can't call your local Best Buy now...if you call the local number, it rolls to a call center who has no clue what is going in your local store...I was just just calling to see if Best Buy had the Pixel 6 on display before the 10/28 release date and got not help whatsoever after being on hold for 15 minutes....

Not sure how much this will bother people but thought it was pretty crazy....

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
I just found out recently that you can't call your local Best Buy now...if you call the local number, it rolls to a call center who has no clue what is going in your local store...I was just just calling to see if Best Buy had the Pixel 6 on display before the 10/28 release date and got not help whatsoever after being on hold for 15 minutes....

Not sure how much this will bother people but thought it was pretty crazy....

Haha, that does not surprise me in the least spacejamz, stuff happens like all the time with me. try and call my local gym? Nope, routed through some national thing, can never get through. Same thing with like movie theaters, tons of stuff. The world is changing... for the shittier....

Reactions: spacejamz

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Probably Best Buy. Amazon is basically fancy Ebay/Aliexpress and it's hard to know if you're getting the real thing or some fake Chinese version.

And yeah it seems the idea of customer service is non existent at big companies now, even pizza places go to a call centre now, it's completely nuts.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
The other thing is that Best Buy will price match Amazon.com and some other vendors. Sometimes you just need things that are close buy to pick up a few things or something necessary. Also, things like TVs. Much easier to get a good one and easier to return locally. Otherwise, Amazon of most things.

Nov 20, 2009
Can you actually get product from Bad Buys? I tried on a couple of APS-C cameras and I'd have to travel 40-miles across Atlanta just for the demo unit on an active product. And the competing product doesn't even have that. Then again, Amazon didn't have either product, either.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I distrust all equally, as they get their product from the same sources. Having said that, Amazon is far more likely to take back your order for any reason conceivable, just to keep your business.

Reactions: BarkingGhostar

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I think I'm going to get a Samsung tab S7+ tablet. At least the 256mb one, so I get the 8 rather than 6 MB of memory. Last I looked Best Buy online and Amazon both have them for $729. Then I went into Best Buy by me just awhile ago, I was going to buy one there, but they said they didn't have them in stock and would have to order them for me, and it would be the same price as the Best Buy online store. I asked what the return policy was, and they said 14 days. If they had one I probably would have bought it then, but since they didn't I figured I would ask you guys this question. You may in the aggregate know basically nothing about chemistry (with notable exceptions, like Lab Rat), but this should be right up your tech support alley LOL.

If you had to buy the S7+ from any of those 3 sources, which would you pick, and why? Assume they are all the same price. I love Amazon, but when I was reading their S7+ page about the returns I didn't see the "you can return this in 30 days no questions asked" language that I am used to. The good thing about buying it locally is I KNOW I can take it back in 14 days if I don't like it.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

which place offers the best add on warranty coverage? I don’t buy tablets without getting extra coverage.Also, does Samsung sell them on their website?

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
which place offers the best add on warranty coverage? I don’t buy tablets without getting extra coverage.Also, does Samsung sell them on their website?

I have used Square Trade but not sure how competitive their prices are now...

Also check if your credit cards offer any kind of warranty benefits. I have taken advantage of this on my American Express card. I had a Garmin watch that crapped out a few months after the standard warranty expired but AMEX added one more year and they just credited my account the amount of the entire watch after I sent a copy of my receipt to them.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Samsung Tab S7+ is old. It came out in August 2020. I wouldn't buy that now this late in its lifecycle. New model is right around the corner.

I've been waiting to buy my wife the new Tab S8+. I thought was coming out around Sept-Oct this year but the rumor is Samsung is delaying it til next Spring. So she's getting by with her old Tab and new iPad Pro 12.9.

Wait for the new model.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I got my tab s7+ 256gb directly from samsung. I sent them some old crappy iphones I had collecting dust. $400. Love this tablet.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I've bought stuff from Best Buy online before, and didn't have any problems with the transaction.

At the height of the pandemic lockdown last year, Amazon's shipping became unreliable around here and I started ordering stuff from walmart.com instead. They did a surprisingly good job as well.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
You might be able to get rewards points from BB if you buy it through them. When I bought a laptop there a year ago the rewards points I got were enough to buy some adapter cables for it. Not sure you get any kind of "points" on Amazon. Amazon does offer their CC, which gives 5% back on purchases though.

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
Samsung Tab S7+ is old. It came out in August 2020. I wouldn't buy that now this late in its lifecycle. New model is right around the corner.

I've been waiting to buy my wife the new Tab S8+. I thought was coming out around Sept-Oct this year but the rumor is Samsung is delaying it til next Spring. So she's getting by with her old Tab and new iPad Pro 12.9.

Wait for the new model.

Damnit, I was worried someone was going to say that ponyo. :) Now I got to wait for several months to get one. :(