Best Buy 10% Off Coupons

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CasbahBoy

Aug 13, 2002
Originally posted by: BigPhi84
Me too. If someone can host the scans for me, I'll do it.

Phi

PM sent, I'll edit this post with the link for everybody when you e-mail them.

Edit: Double-checked forum rules. Coupons are only allowed to be scanned and posted if they do not state that "copies or reproductions are not allowed" or that the "coupon is valid only for the original recipient."

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
Originally posted by: thenotebook
Why?
To me, scanner+paper = scanned image
scanned image = image you can print out
image you can print out = print out of coupon that you use in store

I'm gonna say...no. If that were the case, I could create an infinite supply of coupons. Just scan all the coupons in my local Sunday newspaper and print them...and print them...and print them...I don't think that would fly.

Look, its not that hard: for an individual who hasn't received a coupon, scanning & e-mailing one to print out will work just fine. You haven't identified WHY it "won't fly." You just keep saying no. Best Buy won't care, its only 10% off. The only time they would scrutinize is if you were using it on like a $10,000 purchase. I want to use it on a $20 phone, some blank DVDs, and maybe some other stuff. stop being a jack@$$

Anyone wanna be a good samaritan and scan? Thanks a bunch
Remember, I have webspace available for hosting

It is against forums rules.

aznbomber

Dec 22, 2004
I agree with thenotebook. He is just trying to be nice by telling anandtechers about the hot deal, and you guys flame him for it. I do not think this is the way to get favors from people. The reason why I joined Anandtech is because I thought that the people here are supposed to be helpful and supportive of each other. I think that people here owe thenotebook an apology.

TheWart

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2000
Originally posted by: CasbahBoy
Originally posted by: BigPhi84
Me too. If someone can host the scans for me, I'll do it.

Phi

PM sent, I'll edit this post with the link for everybody when you e-mail them.

Edit: Double-checked forum rules. Coupons are only allowed to be scanned and posted if they do not state that "copies or reproductions are not allowed" or that the "coupon is valid only for the original recipient."

Mind sending a PM my way?

Thanks.

thenotebook

Banned
Dec 8, 2004
Originally posted by: aznbomber
I agree with thenotebook. He is just trying to be nice by telling anandtechers about the hot deal, and you guys flame him for it. I do not think this is the way to get favors from people. The reason why I joined Anandtech is because I thought that the people here are supposed to be helpful and supportive of each other. I think that people here owe thenotebook an apology.

Thanks, aznbomber. I think people didn't want to hear the truth - that you can't use copies of the coupons. So when I point that out, I get flamed because they want to believe they can get around that. First of all, there are 2 sides to the coupon. The frontside details what you can use the coupon on and the backside contains the cashier instructions and UPC, which the cashier needs to scan to apply the discount. This already poses a problem with simply showing them a copy. Additionally, the back of the coupon explicitely states "No copies".

Now, if there is an online version of the coupon that you can print out, that is an altogether different story. However, no such coupon has surfaced as of yet.

fbrdphreak, I await your apology.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004

Thanks, aznbomber. I think people didn't want to hear the truth - that you can't use copies of the coupons. So when I point that out, I get flamed because they want to believe they can get around that. First of all, there are 2 sides to the coupon. The frontside details what you can use the coupon on and the backside contains the cashier instructions and UPC, which the cashier needs to scan to apply the discount. This already poses a problem with simply showing them a copy. Additionally, the back of the coupon explicitely states "No copies".

Now, if there is an online version of the coupon that you can print out, that is an altogether different story. However, no such coupon has surfaced as of yet.

Well, keep waiting. I was not flaming you for posting that hot deal. At no point did I say "thenotebook, you suck for telling everyone about that deal." No, my problem was that you were nay-saying the whole thing from the start because you're a tard. I've seen how you act in other threads and this was just a continuance of it. But thanks for telling me what I can and cannot do, have a nice day.

thenotebook

Banned
Dec 8, 2004

Well, keep waiting. I was not flaming you for posting that hot deal. At no point did I say "thenotebook, you suck for telling everyone about that deal." No, my problem was that you were nay-saying the whole thing from the start because you're a tard. I've seen how you act in other threads and this was just a continuance of it. But thanks for telling me what I can and cannot do, have a nice day.

Either you didn't bother reading my post or you don't like admitting you are wrong. I'm guessing it's a little bit of both. That's okay, I understand. Only a stand-up kind of person can admit when they are wrong and it's difficult for an average person to do that.

huesmann

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 1999
fbrdphreak you do owe thenotebook an apology. You just can't bring yourself to do so because you know he was right about the coupon being non-scannable/printable/etc.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Okay, let's clarify a little here. Yes, thenotebook was right about the coupon's saying no copies. However, as I stated, I know that they will take it anyway. I didn't ask for his opinion on whether he thought you could use it or not. I made a general request of the general public here at AT to scan them in if they had any 10% coupons. I responded to how I was treated by thenotebook in the first place, him trying to tell me what he thought I should believe. I was no more rude to him than he was being the boss of the thread, combined with my previous encounters with him.
Now if everyone is done being my mommy, let this thread die.

Scubadiver

Dec 11, 2002
I hope to use my xmas gift cards there this weekend.

fbrdphreak - why don't YOU let it die. And if you were working at Best Buy up until a few weeks ago, why didn't you buy that $20 phone at the time, so you could use your employee discount?

deepinya

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2003
I didn't ask for his opinion on whether he thought you could use it or not. I made a general request of the general public here at AT to scan them in if they had any 10% coupons. I responded to how I was treated by thenotebook in the first place, him trying to tell me what he thought I should believe. I was no more rude to him than he was being the boss of the thread, combined with my previous encounters with him.
Now if everyone is done being my mommy, let this thread die.

Totally agree with you. The guy is a tard.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Crap I didn't get mine. Unless I got them yesterday since I forgot to go get my mail. I have a $15 off certificate too which would pair nicely with this..

Dragonbate

Mar 1, 2004
I didn't get them :-(. But there was a good deal there this week: I got 264 mb 2700 DDR ram for 29.99 ar and an 80 gb pata HD for 39.99 AR. Gonna go well with the 2500 sempron mb combo I got from Fry's

exorr

Jul 22, 2001
Originally posted by: dhoytw
Same here, I buy a lot of stuff from BB and never seem to get these coupons.

Best Buy is a horrid place to shop and I would not recomend it to anyone even for 10% off.
[/quote]

Who would you recommend to buy computer accessories from instead of Best Buy that's NOT online over Best Buy? CompUSA, Staples, and Radio Shack's prices are higher 90% of the time.

seanws

Sep 20, 2004
Originally posted by: TheWart
Did you sign up for some BB mailing list?

I never seem to get these and would really like one....do they have them instore for pickup ever?

thx

i ordered from the web site a few times and have been getting them ever since.

Kavikgold

Feb 22, 2003
I have never had a problem with bringing in printed BB coupons, whether it be originally from online or from a scan. Poster who wanted coupon to host, pm me for scan. I know of a few places you can find it yourself, perhaps look deep into your WALLET that has become FAT from all the great savings....you might need to SEARCH for the BEST BUY coupon.

I would have linked it, but thats stepping a little bit on forum rules.