Best AGP video card upgrade for 2015

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Weird that it's a new poster. Either they were searching for something and stumbled across this old post and decided to make an account for bog knows why, or it's some kind of weird setup for future astroturfing, etc. Or perhaps just someone trolling the forum in a bizarre kind of way.

Spjut

Apr 9, 2011
I'm just asking this while it's on the menu, has anyone here actually tried using an AGP card with Windows 10?

Reason I'm asking is because I've seen claims before that Windows 10 no longer supports AGP cards, but all of those reports stem from when even the PCI-E models were affected by driver issues and Microsoft halted the rollout until they had solved these issues.
I've been positively surprised that the PCI-E Nvidia Geforce 6 cards I have have worked without issues on Windows 10, using the 2015 Win8.0 driver supporting WDDM 1.0, and I do feel that Microsoft doesn't get the credit it deserves for how old hardware Win10 actually does support. Though oldest CPU was a Celeron E5300.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Hey I learned something here, I always thought that the last AGP cards were DX9, along the lines of the 7800GS from BFGtech I still have :D