Best 32" Flat Screen TV

dmurray14

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2003
I'm looking to get a nice 32" Flat screen TV, not flat panel. I want it to have a nice picture, but it doesn't need all the fancy features like Picture in picture. What should I be looking at? Sony? Samsung?

Thanks,
Dan

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Buy a Sony XBR...they are the only TV worth buying.

There, I said it for all you Sony lovers. Now if you want a nice set, look at the Cinema Series Toshiba Its the next one up from the one Amanda posted, but can be had for the same price, if not less. Great picture, and if you compare it to other TV's, you would have to compare it to the "V" series Sony's.

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
I suggest getting a widescreen HDTV. Better now then later. Although they are expensive you will regret it later. Im looking at a 34" flat HDTV widescreen Normal CRT not Plasma.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: ohtwell
I have this one!! I really like it!! :D

It's a heavy SOB though! :)

: ) Amanda

I have that one too. Great so far, had it for about 5 months now. The remote, the menus, I like everything about it. And yes, it is a heavy SOB. Learned when I had to lug it up the stairs to my second floor apartment with the help (no help) of the girlfriend. I think most flat screens are heavy like that nowadays though.

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
If you want HDTV I really like the Sony at around $1200. The picture with HD (or progressive scan) source is stunning.KV-32HS510

SpazzyChicken

Feb 8, 2002
Originally posted by: rudeguy
Buy a Sony XBR...they are the only TV worth buying.

There, I said it for all you Sony lovers. Now if you want a nice set, look at the Cinema Series Toshiba Its the next one up from the one Amanda posted, but can be had for the same price, if not less. Great picture, and if you compare it to other TV's, you would have to compare it to the "V" series Sony's.

YES!!! I have the 32AF53, and I LOVE IT!! I got it at Video Only for less than the price of the 32AF43 was at best buy. They had it set up right inbetween the Sony XBR and the Tau. I could not justify spending more than 2x the amount on the XBR. The difference just wasn't there. Looked the same to me after fiddling with them both. I liked the picture on the toshiba better than the panasonic, but it was also a nice set.

The best advice I can give is to go out and compare the sets. Play with the sets, bring in a dvd you like, and see which one you like the best. For me it was the 32AF53.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Originally posted by: ohtwell
I have this one!! I really like it!! :D

It's a heavy SOB though! :)

I have that one too. Great so far, had it for about 5 months now. The remote, the menus, I like everything about it. And yes, it is a heavy SOB. Learned when I had to lug it up the stairs to my second floor apartment with the help (no help) of the girlfriend. I think most flat screens are heavy like that nowadays though.
Yes, they are. It's the front that makes it weigh so much. There's a lot of glass there, so it weighs a lot more than the back. My husband and I had to put it on the TV stand, and then I had to push the stand and TV to where it needed to be set up. My hubby made sure it didn't tip forward while I pushed it. I can't imagine how bad it would have hurt had that tipped and landed on my legs.