Question Besides speakers and soundbar, what do I need for my PC to enjoy Dobly Atmos?

Apr 12, 2018
Hi, I am building a high end workstation for 4K gaming. I want to play games and watch videos with Dobly Atmos. I cannot find any Z390 motherboard that has a sound chip to support Atmos. What do I need besides buying a soundbar and/or speakers?

Apr 12, 2018
You'll probably want an atmos enabled receiver. Recommendations would depend on budget, how many speakers you're looking at installing, and the speakers you are planning on using
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-DH790-7-2-ch-Receiver-Vision/dp/B079YW5VQL/
Thanks. Am I correct that if I buy a soundbar such as the Sony HT-X9000F or the Samsung HW-N950, I don't need a receiver? How are these two compared with the SoundBlaster X Katana and Dolby Dimensions? As far as I know, the Katana does not support Atmos but it simulates some kind of immersion. Not sure if it is as good as the other three devices I mention here.

fralexandr

Golden Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
Thanks. Am I correct that if I buy a soundbar such as the Sony HT-X9000F or the Samsung HW-N950, I don't need a receiver? How are these two compared with the SoundBlaster X Katana and Dolby Dimensions? As far as I know, the Katana does not support Atmos but it simulates some kind of immersion. Not sure if it is as good as the other three devices I mention here.
Yep, those sound bars don't need a receiver, though I have no idea about how those sound bars/headphones compare.

ASK THE COMMUNITY