Besides blacks and hispanics, the GOP also has an Asian 'problem'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...436217c-2d25-11e2-a99d-5c4203af7b7a_blog.html

More Asians voted for Obama this time around than even last time around. Jennifer Rubin seems mystified why Asians would vote for Obama than a Republican, which really shows how tone deaf most republicans are. She seems to think income would make Asians more naturally republican, and the only thing holding back that vote is immigration, but i can think of others: The GOP's disdain for highly educated people (who they deride as 'elites', as if that's a bad thing), their hatred for science/logic/reason, also most Asians are centered in urban areas and i don't know too many young Asians who take too kindly to the GOP gay/women bashing and not-so-subtle racism.

Edit: Also, many successful Asian countries have an activist government in their economies and most Asians understand that an activist government can not only be compatible but also enhance a capitalist economy.

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
also most Asians are centered in urban areas and i don't know too many young Asians who take too kindly to the GOP gay/women bashing and not-so-subtle racism.

Right because Asians hate "women-bashing" more than women do (a majority of married women vote Republican).

Not to mention that Asia is well known for its support of same-sex marriage :D

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Right because Asians hate "women-bashing" more than women do (a majority of married women vote Republican).

The attitudes of assimilated Asian Americans and new FOB Asian immigrants who can't vote are probably different.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000

You know, you're right nehalem256. Republicans are doing just the right things they need to. They are attracting Asians big time. The polls were skewed. So just stay the course Republicans. You're going to win the Asian vote in 2016

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...436217c-2d25-11e2-a99d-5c4203af7b7a_blog.html

More Asians voted for Obama this time around than even last time around. Jennifer Rubin seems mystified why Asians would vote for Obama than a Republican, which really shows how tone deaf most republicans are. She seems to think income would make Asians more naturally republican, and the only thing holding back that vote is immigration, but i can think of others: The GOP's disdain for highly educated people (who they deride as 'elites', as if that's a bad thing), their hatred for science/logic/reason, also most Asians are centered in urban areas and i don't know too many young Asians who take too kindly to the GOP gay/women bashing and not-so-subtle racism.

Edit: Also, many successful Asian countries have an activist government in their economies and most Asians understand that an activist government can not only be compatible but also enhance a capitalist economy.

but........but.......but.......but......but

Bill O'Reilly on Fox News said Obama won because too many people want free stuff.

Damn those greedy Asians!!

Status
Not open for further replies.