Bernanke May Cut Benchmark Rate by Most Since Volcker (in 1984)

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Link

We just had a 1/4 over the weekend, I think. Now the rate would be down to 2 % if he pulls it down by a point.

My HELOC payment next month will be really low if he does that. I can take the money I save, wrap it into a roll, and hang it next to my toilet.

I think they should drop the rate down to -5%. Why not?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Link

We just had a 1/4 over the weekend, I think. Now the rate would be down to 2 % if he pulls it down by a point.

My HELOC payment next month will be really low if he does that. I can take the money I save, wrap it into a roll, and hang it next to my toilet.

Heck, lets just give everyone in America a million dollars!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: techs
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Link

Heck, lets just give everyone in America a million dollars!
Why not! The growth of the economy is marked by GDP. If we print out money and throw it at people, we can pretend that the GDP grew and we never hit a recession!

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Bush is a lame-duck. He's got Bernanke handing out golden parachutes to his Wall Street buddies like a madman.

When February 2009 comes around, my guess is that Bush and Bernanke will have lots of friends in the financial sector that "owe" them. Maybe set them up with nice "consulting" jobs that have seven-figure salaries.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Bush is a lame-duck. He's got Bernanke handing out golden parachutes to his Wall Street buddies like a madman.

When February 2009 comes around, my guess is that Bush and Bernanke will have lots of friends in the financial sector that "owe" them. Maybe set them up with nice "consulting" jobs that have seven-figure salaries.

You sound more and more like Dave each passing day.