Benghazi - the gift that keeps on giving

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by boomerang, Oct 24, 2012.

1. MooseNSquirrel

MooseNSquirrel Platinum Member

2. monovillage

monovillage Diamond Member

I like San Diego, it's far cheaper than San Francisco and the Mexican food is better.

3. rockyct

rockyct Diamond Member

I'm from San Diego and while the county does have a slight Republican tilt and the city itself has more Democrats than Republicans, the "powers that be" are typically very conservative. The newspaper was just bought by a politically motivated conservative and they've been pretty open that they are making the UT into a paper with conservative op-eds. They're basically excusing the slant because they're just op-eds and not real articles.

4. monovillage

monovillage Diamond Member

If you like your bias tilted the other way, but even further, you can get the L.A. Times, or you can go more Libertarian and go the Orange County Register. The funny part is that the only lying paper about their bias is the L.A. Times and it's supporters.

5. boomerang

boomerang Lifer

6. Incorruptible

Incorruptible Diamond Member

obama doesn't care since after he went for some fundraiser/special event

This man needs to be defeated since his policies wont fix the economy

7. Abraxas

Abraxas Golden Member

So to clarify, the President should avoid making definitive declarations if anyone has an alternate theory, even if the CIA tells him it is probably X?

8. Abraxas

Abraxas Golden Member

I never said there aren't any facts out there, in fact I said much the opposite. The Fact is the CIA said the video was responsible, it had been for many other protests that day, and so the administration cited that as the cause. That is not an unreasonable response. I know you think the timeline shows some coverup or conspiracy to hide the truth, but all it really shows is an evolving understanding of the situation as more and more information reached the intelligence community. You see malice there because you want to see malice there.

9. TerryMathews

TerryMathews Lifer

Well, it would avoid the embarrassment of this particular situation. And to be fair, George W. Bush was told that Iraq "probably" had WMDs. I fail to see how this situation is any different with regard to truthful assertions.

10. Abraxas

Abraxas Golden Member

Because, first of all, he told the CIA to come back and tell him he had WMDs whereas Obama gave no such direction to the CIA in this case, it was an independently arrived at conclusion, and second, because much of the intelligence we had directly contradicted the idea he had WMDs. Further, when the information changed within a period of days, his stance on what happened changed and did not take action on the basis of it being the video, he gave time for it to play out whereas Bush went and charged into Iraq. The CIA had not, at the time the remarks were made as far as any information made available thusfar, indicated any other likely alternatives. The situations really are not comparable.

11. TerryMathews

TerryMathews Lifer

"The investigation is ongoing." We dont know what direction(s) were given to the CIA, either directly or indirectly.

12. EagleKeeper

EagleKeeper Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
    Staff Member

We have no idea what Obama or State asked of the CIA or to what extent the information was filtered

13. Fern

Fern Elite Member <br> Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

You have also cherry picked.

The other sources quoted in the article do not confirm what the spokesman claims.

Fern

14. Bowfinger

Bowfinger Lifer

Say what? They "do not confirm" it? OK? Do they confirm water is wet and the sun rises in the east?

The relevant issue is do they contradict it? If so, please provide specific quotes denying "the response effort was handled by the most senior national security officials in governments" and that " Members of the CSG" were involved. I saw people complaining that the full CSG wasn't convened, or that they personally weren't included, but nobody denied the claims I quoted. If you see something different, let's see the specifics.

In a similar vein, you've yet to address my challenge about the testimony provided to Congress. You've insinuated that testimony is quite damning to the administration, yet once again you've neglected to document specifics. Consequently, it's just more meaningless hand-waving, something this thread has way too much of already. I offered several specific examples from the testimony I read. As one of the few conservatives here who actually uses his head, I was looking to you to do the same. Please fill in the blanks and back your claims with specific, factual information. TIA.

15. Jaskalas

Jaskalas Lifer

Heads should roll for Benghazi. The problem is we do not know whose head.

We do not have our answers. The President is well aware of this, he can and does give orders to this effect. This is a cover up. The President is responsible for the cover up. It's time for him to face consequences instead of a yet-to-be-named fall guy. Impeach him.

16. DominionSeraph

DominionSeraph Diamond Member

How about those responsible?

17. ivwshane

ivwshane Lifer

Like the brain dead idiot that he is, he has already determined who is responsible, despite the facts currently present.

18. IGBT

IGBT Lifer

in office or out if it leaks he was in the war room he's criminally culpable.

19. Incorruptible

Incorruptible Diamond Member

obama supported the rebels at the start and didn't declare war, the US shouldn't have even been in Lybia

20. Todd33

Todd33 Diamond Member

How's the conspiracy theory going? Is impeachment immanent?

21. sigurros81

sigurros81 Platinum Member

What's the point of this article besides fear-mongering. We all knew about the attack 2 hours after it happened, so what? The only people who's making a fuss about this whole thing are conservative attention whores. Even Romney is letting the topic rest because he realized he had no ammunition with it.

22. EagleKeeper

Staff Member

Ammo is being locked up by the WH until after the election.:(

23. sigurros81

sigurros81 Platinum Member

Do you ever think before making random comments that make zero sense.

24. werepossum

werepossum Elite Member

Wow. Hard to see that as anything but incompetence. I suppose Team Obama finds itself so incredible that it can't conceive of anyone else having anything useful to contribute on any subject.

Still, the major screw-up - the one that killed Stevens and Smith - was denying American security before the event. I doubt that went up the chain to Obama, so I suspect this is merely political damage control to prevent the Pubbies from gaining anything useful. But then, I thought that of Fast and Furious too, and Obama undeniably took ownership of that so YMMV.

25. EagleKeeper

Staff Member

Is it my fault that you have a comprehension problem;)