Benghazi - the gift that keeps on giving

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by boomerang, Oct 24, 2012.

1. kage69

kage69 Lifer

The Chaffetz Play! Popular in the House...

Sure it could lead to more Americans and assets dying, but that's just more blame we can throw at Obama! Brilliant!

2. Fern

Fern Elite Member <br> Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Swallow the WH talking points hook, line and sinker much?

None of that addresses what I posted about Carney. (And Sept 17 is irrelevant because the Carney remark I posted was made on the 14th.)

Carney said they had NO info indicating something other than a protest. That is demonstrably false.

fern

3. rockyct

rockyct Diamond Member

4. Bowfinger

Bowfinger Lifer

Fern? Care to share details about what you found in the Congressional testimony that refutes, or at least overrides, what I read?

5. Nemesis 1

Nemesis 1 Lifer

Did you not view the testimony video . Its here in this forum . Watch it . With the idea these people are telling the truth as the testimony is backed by doc.

6. Bowfinger

Bowfinger Lifer

You've not answered my question in the least. I gave specific examples from the sworn testimony presented to Congress. You've given me more hand waving and vague insinuation. We have plenty of that in this thread already. Give us something concrete instead. Since you, like Fern, apparently believe there are major revelations in that testimony that either contradict my points, or at least undermine them, what are they? Be specific.

7. Abraxas

Abraxas Golden Member

Your welcome. Recognition is the first step to correcting a problem. When you open with "administration deliberately ignoring the requests" perceptive readers will note you've already rendered verdict about what had happened, that their requests had been received and disregarded without consideration, before even weighing the discussion. You requested discussion to rationalize your already arrived at conclusion which is a mark of poor reasoning; something I'm sure you'll correct in the future.

It is perfectly fair to attack Obama, so long as the attack itself is fair. Criticizing him, for, say, the extrajudicial killing of an American citizen through a completely opaque process, for one example, is entirely justified. Whining about how 92% of the jobs lost under Obama were women, on the other hand is not. It is not that he is attacked but the content of the attacks that determines whether they are fair.

You, and the rest of your ilk, have put me in a distinctly uncomfortable position. I don't much like the Democrats. I find them to be the same breed of bought and paid for puppets of monied interests that the Republicans are. The primary difference is the Democrats are at least willing to use lube and offer a reach around. What they don't have is the malignant streak of dogmatic crazy that so completely infests the American right. I don't see Democrats arguing against cutting spending the way Republicans argue against raising revenue. I don't see the Democrats arguing that everyone should be required to be in a union the way Republicans argue unions have no place in the world. I don't see Democrats arguing that the best findings our scientists can come up with should be ignored and hidden because they disagree with business interests or religious dogmas.

You have put me in the distinctly uncomfortable position not unlike when Superman has to team up with Lex Luthor to fight off Darkseid. Once the Republican threat has been dealt with I can return to giving the Democrats their due scorn.

On the contrary, Obama has only himself to blame if he loses this election. The Republican candidate was pitiful, their campaign was laughable, their beliefs are inane, and if Obama loses it will be because he chose not to act engaged during his first big show during the big presidential debate. That this is not a landslide for the democrats is a a testament to their deficiencies of their policies.
    Unless the information is different from all the other times it has been brought up that he felt safe, I have no need for another link pointing to it. I've seen several. All this "tells" I paid attention the first time.

If it makes you feel better to claim my arguments stem from love of the Democrats than actually address them, be my guest, after all, this thread is all about you. On the other hand, if you'd like to try again to refute my arguments, my post isn't going anywhere.

8. monovillage

monovillage Diamond Member

um OK. You've convinced me. When I need an opinion on comics I'll be sure to ask you.

9. Abraxas

Abraxas Golden Member

Fair enough. I will agree "no" may have been too strong a word. What he should have said was "no information except an email that turned out to be wrong and a handful of past incidents nothing like this". Would that have been better?

Every time anything bad happens to the US a dozen terrorist groups all try to claim credit. That one of them announced on Facebook of all places (even though some reports indicate they said no such thing) that they were responsible means SFA. The emails only indicated the presence of armed people, again, not evidence of a preplanned terrorist attack. Considering what happened here pretty much in no way resembled the previous attacks means that really isn't evidence for it either.

Perhaps no evidence was poor phrasing but so far all you have put forward incredibly weak evidence I don't doubt you'd be complaining just as hard if they had said “we have incredibly weak evidence at best information to suggest that it was a preplanned attack.”

10. Abraxas

Abraxas Golden Member

While I appreciate the gesture, I'm sure if you give them enough time Limbaugh and Breitbart will let you know what your opinions are about comics too.

11. Incorruptible

Incorruptible Diamond Member

obama knew that it was a terrorist attack because two hours after they were told and he kept saying act of terror which I suspect is him being PC.

He blamed the movie and free speech when he should be criticizing the religion

12. ivwshane

ivwshane Lifer

Oh yeah that's the fucking smart thing to do, blame a religion that has 1.5 Billion members including about 1.5 million of them in America.

13. Incorruptible

Its better than blaming the movie, why do so many followers say that the book allows for the killing of those who insult the prophet like the ones that were rioting

14. ivwshane

ivwshane Lifer

Is that some followers or all of them?

Holy shit people! Is there a stupid pill everyone is taking these days? WTF!

15. TerryMathews

TerryMathews Lifer

People insult Christians every day. I haven't killed anyone over it.

16. Socio

Socio Golden Member

At minimum this article demonstrates our current leadership is unfit to lead!

http://www.cbsnews.c...nsulate-attack/

17. buckshot24

buckshot24 Diamond Member

Yeah, it isn't Islam itself that is the problem it's the extreme pricks causing all the problems. Although you don't have this with significant wings of any other religion. There are fringes of course but it seems that militant Islam is a little more than a "fringe". I don't think this president or the press for that matter like to admit that these people are Islamic.

18. Incorruptible

Some, there are many good Muslims.

19. Bowfinger

Bowfinger Lifer

Neither have 1.4999 billion Muslims. What's your point?

20. Socio

Socio Golden Member

And the majority of the rest in silent collusion with those "pricks".

21. buckshot24

buckshot24 Diamond Member

Yeah, I was going to mention them.

22. TerryMathews

TerryMathews Lifer

My point was addressing the silent implication that we shouldn't talk about Islamic radicalism because of the number of members.

The number of members is irrevelant if it is truly the religion of peace.

No one stormed an embassy (oops consulate) over Piss Jesus.

23. Incorruptible

24. Bowfinger

Bowfinger Lifer

Ah, then you should learn to read more carefully because the discussion was about attacking the whole Islamic religion, not the violent extremists who happen to be Muslim.

Perhaps not, but Christian extremists have committed many other violent attacks in the name of Christianity. You can start with modern day bombings of abortion clinics and murders of doctors, then work your way back through history.

25. umbrella39

umbrella39 Lifer