Benefits of a college ID card ?

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
Hey Guys,
i am going to Central piedmont CC in Charlotte, NC, and i just got my student id, what are the benefits of this id, i know of them for reg colleges, but any for community colleges ?
thanks !

Blieb

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2000
Discount at the movies? Or any local place that gives discounts to students ...

like concerts n' such ...

Feb 19, 2001
I love my hometown. It's so filled with kids in the summer, you're like wow. What's even more amazing is all the college kids come back and we flood the neighborhood. I can go to a movie theater and at least 50% are either in HS or in college or just out of college and I don't even have to say I'm a student to get a discount. They just assume...

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Free laps dances at the local clubs.

:Q I gotta dig mine up!

OP -
For starters, you'll need it for stuff at your college, like the library and meals.
You can also get discounts at movie theaters and some other businesses.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
well its been a few years since i been to college. but at RIT it was a library card, meal ticket and discounts on stuff.

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
academicsuperstore.com
journeyed.com
and countless other "educational" websites that sell software/hardware at academic discounts. Usually require you to scan in your ID and send them a copy of it is the only thing.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Discounts for sporting events, movies, museums, etc.

I always ask for a student discount everywhere and then show my ID. The worse they can do is no.

And there are no such thing as Student ID lapdance discount...LOL. You can get some extra such as extra song or a free drink if it was your birthday.

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
Lets you check out books from the library, go to the gym, some profs require it when you turn in your exam, go to sporting events, ride the bus, gives you meal points, etc etc

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
cool cool guys
thanks for the info, i cant find specific iinfo on their website at all, what can i expect at a community college compared to a tradiotional 4 year ?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: compguy786
cool cool guys
thanks for the info, i cant find specific iinfo on their website at all, what can i expect at a community college compared to a tradiotional 4 year ?

a CC is a lot like highschool. you live at home (most of the time), have sub-par to ok teachers, and the idiots from high school are there.

though 4 year college is not much better. Though living in the dorms was a lot of fun.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
At my college, we need an ID card to get into most buildings, including the dorms, and computer labs, so it's kind of important to have one.

wiredspider

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
buy stuff, we have "flex" accounts tied to the ID
use it to get into certain events
print stuff
and i guess it works at the library too

alimoalem

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2005
chipotle (not sure if you have it in your state) gives free soda at most places to students. anywhere that gives discounts to students asks for student id usually so you'll get discounts at those places

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: axelfox
So campus police don't taser you because you refuse to show school ID and refuse to leave when asked to and start flipping out and screaming when campus security comes to remove you and ignore warnings that you will be tasered if you don't comply.

Fixed

Tobolo

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: brtspears2
Student discount at movies.
Apple Store discount.

You cant get a movie discount around atlanta anymore. Those SOB'S! Ticks me off.