Benefits of a college ID card ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
Discounts at anyplace that gives discounts to students (movies, events, etc.)

Printing

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
the lady gave me a paper that told me what i could do with my ID, well , apparently i lost it, so i need to know what it had on it, i think just going to go and get a new paper.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
I still use my college ID card from 8 years ago whenever I got to the movies, it gets me $1.50 off the regular ticket price. :thumbsup:

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Lots of bars around here have discounted/free cover for students on certain nights. :evil:

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Since you're not dorming, it won't be near as much use, but at RPI you're pretty much SOL without your card. Most buildings after about 8-9ish you need one to get in, cafeteria and various cafes, you can use it to buy a lot of things tax free on campus, if you're loitering at night and security comes up you better damn well have it, charge things to your bursar account (aka, make your parents pay for books), certain computer labs, certain rooms, library, rec center.