Being gay might be genetic

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Oh yeah? So was it a dude or a chick that gave you your first boner?

I don't know -- it was likely a long time ago. One thing I did realize was that you cannot put a square peg into a round hole.

I carried that fact over to my choice of sex partner. Then I realized that the only reason I was alive was, not because of two mothers or two fathers, but because we needed opposite sexes period.

That FACT answered the question for me.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I don't know -- it was likely a long time ago. One thing I did realize was that you cannot put a square peg into a round hole.

I carried that fact over to my choice of sex partner. Then I realized that the only reason I was alive was, not because of two mothers or two fathers, but because we needed opposite sexes period.

Don't worry, guys have a place for you to stick your peg too. You realize that even if you chose to like guys, you could choose to like a girl long enough to get her pregnant, then go right back to liking guys again right? Is your sole purpose in dating to find a mate? That must've creeped out the girls you dated back in high school. Or had you not yet decided that you liked girls at that point?

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Don't worry, guys have a place for you to stick your peg too. You realize that even if you chose to like guys, you could choose to like a girl long enough to get her pregnant, then go right back to liking guys again right? Is your sole purpose in dating to find a mate? That must've creeped out the girls you dated back in high school. Or had you not yet decided that you liked girls at that point?

Can children be born from that "place" you speak of ?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Can children be born from that "place" you speak of ?

Is your sole purpose in dating and having sex procreation?

What kind of woman did you choose to be attracted to? You do realize how ridiculous you sound right?

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
screening for rare diseases sure...

screening for sexual orientation fuck off, seriously fuck off...

idon'twanttoliveonthisplante.jpg

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002

So the thought of your parents having sex and creating you is what you made attracted to women? lolol.

From what I can tell from the internet, dicks seem to fit in other dude's assholes pretty well.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Is your sole purpose in dating and having sex procreation?

What kind of woman did you choose to be attracted to? You do realize how ridiculous you sound right?

I only date someone who can procreate in case I want kids.

Feb 6, 2007
How are gay people not normal?

Maybe he's going by averages. The average human is heterosexual, therefore it is normal, and thus being gay is not normal. The average human is female, thus being male is abnormal. The average human is Asian, therefore being from any place outside Asia is abnormal. You know, that sort of thing. Of course, if you advocated aborting all the male and non-Asian fetuses, you'd look like the world's biggest idiot; if you advocate aborting all the gay fetuses, you're just doing God's work. Normalcy is just whatever lines up with my specific definition of how people should be.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
http://ofilispeaks.com/the-greatest-lie-you-cannot-put-a-square-peg-in-a-round-hole/

Right from kindergarten we are taught the principle of form and volume by fitting various shaped pegs into a bucket. The only way to get the pegs into the bucket is to match the pegs with the shapes on the bucket cover. If you want to put a square peg into the bucket, it has to go through a square hole and if you want to put a round peg in a bucket it has to go through a round hole.

We are then taught a key statement later on in life and that is that “you can’t put a square peg in a round hole.” On the surface the statement makes complete and logical sense, especially when contrasted with our past kindergarten bucket experience. But the statement is extremely flawed and it highlights one of the key dilemma’s with life…because you can indeed put a square peg in a round hole…all you have to do is make the hole bigger or the square smaller.

Explaining this concept at a kindergarten level is tough and at best confusing to the kids as their minds are still tender. However, as we grow up, the square peg philosophy can and should evolve to a point where we can make the shapes bigger or smaller to fit into our minds mental bucket…but it does not…it remains the same. And we keep quoting the statement on and on without questioning its logic failing to realize that the very same logic we were fed in kindergarten or college is not necessarily applicable now. And not really because it is flawed but because our minds have evolved. Evolve your mind today.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
When is genocide your business? When it is against the unborn, against Jews, against Muslims, against Christians, against some tribe in Africa?

When does the selective ending of life become the business of society?

If it is legal it is none of your business?

What is the deciding point when something should become your business, or the business of society?

Some sovereign nation says they are going to kill all of the jews, christians and muslims in their border, is it the business of the world?

So you made this thread because you are truly concerned about the eradication of gay people via abortion? That would make you very "pro gay", right?

Or are you concerned that your future mate might be aborted before he is born?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Its a choice, get over it. And a wrong one at that.

I don't know a single straight person that would say they could "choose" to be gay. I can choose to watch football and even the specific team I enjoy to watch. I can not choose to make my dick get hard when I look at a naked man. If it is as you say, then you CAN choose to get a boner looking at a man.

So, what kind of man gives you a hard on that you choose to ignore?

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Its a choice, get over it. And a wrong one at that.

It must be terrible living in a place where people think like this. Imagine how insanely stupid those people must be.

When the only "education" they might ever get is learning the same "Holy Book" over and over again by rote and brainwashing it into their heads, how smart can they ever hope to be?

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Really? Would you buy a car that didn't operate "normally"?

People buy new cars that don't operate normally and get recalled for one reason or another all the time. In fact, all new cars will likely be recalled for some reason at some point. So the stupid point you are trying to make is not valid, much like the rest of your flawed opinions.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I only date someone who can procreate in case I want kids.

Just in case? lol. How do you know that they can procreate? Do you only date females that have had fertility tests? How exactly does that come up in conversation?

So you honestly believe that you choose who and what you're attracted to?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I don't know a single straight person that would say they could "choose" to be gay. I can choose to watch football and even the specific team I enjoy to watch. I can not choose to make my dick get hard when I look at a naked man. If it is as you say, then you CAN choose to get a boner looking at a man.

So, what kind of man gives you a hard on that you choose to ignore?

Actually, Rob has said just that. Of course, we all know he's lying because he backed himself into a corner.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Just in case? lol. How do you know that they can procreate? Do you only date females that have had fertility tests? How exactly does that come up in conversation?

So you honestly believe that you choose who and what you're attracted to?

He specifically used "somebody" instead of "people," so he's probably either never dated anyone, yet, or else he's dating somebody who he knows can have children.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
According to stephen fry, most gay men never have anal sex. From his "out there" documentary.

A private conversation between Fry and Male [an african pastor - named for irony apparently] where Male focuses on anal sex which Fry says is not what all gays engage in. Fry “It is about love… I am not interested in sodomy… this is so sick…” And then he floors Male by saying he has never had anal sex.

Fry addressing Pastor Male: “Most gays don’t. …Your obsession with sodomy says something very peculiar about you. It is quite extraordinary”

This "male" guy could be th or rob

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
According to this also, http://magazine.good.is/articles/gay-sex-is-not-anal-sex

The results: Despite the popular perception, "sexual behaviors involving the anus were least common," researchers found. Around 75 percent of participants reported kissing their partners, giving oral sex, and/or receiving oral sex in their most recent sexual encounters. By contrast, only 36 percent of men reporting receiving anal sex and 34 percent of men reporting giving it