Being a Vanderbilt Football fan sux so hard :(

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Seriously, I know that some of yall might go to other school that suck even worse at football (like say DUKE fans), but TBH i don't think there is another team in the country that is as bastardly as Vanderbilt when it comes to beating a ranked team for most of a game and then coughs the lead up in the last 5 minutes just to @#%@ with their fans. I mean we are leading Tennessee for 1/2 the game that would send us to our first bowl game in 25 years and then we just decide to screw it all up AGAIN like we do every single year and be one game away from a bowl game AGAIN!!!

kthx thats all

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
yeah, but if you NEVER win than its not as bad as being 1 game away from bowl eligibility and having the lead on 3 different ranked team in the fourth quarter and losing them all...

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
What the hell Vandi, all we needed was for you to kick a flippin' field goal to take Tenn out of the picture.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Originally posted by: SithSolo1
What the hell Vandi, all we needed was for you to kick a flippin' field goal to take Tenn out of the picture.
Our coaching staff thinks that the second you get a lead you should just start playing prevent D and stop throwing the ball.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I have a friend who went to Vanderbilt. Can't you just comfort yourself knowing that University of Tennessee students will be pumping your gas?

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Try being a University of Utah fan.

One week you're called a fucking goody mormon by UCLA fans.

Then the next week you're called a drunken, heathen loser by byu fans.

MechJinx

Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Jhill
Try being a University of Utah fan.

One week you're called a fucking goody mormon by UCLA fans.

Then the next week you're called a drunken, heathen loser by byu fans.
I realize this thread is long dead, but my search for something else turned this thread up and I just had to comment on this. I actually LOL'ed when I read this. So true. Only in Utah could this happen. :)

In fact, I think I just found my signature quote.

ASK THE COMMUNITY