Behold the downfall of a D-bag

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MarkXIX

Platinum Member
Jan 3, 2010
He deserves to be slapped around a bit but that doesn't change the fact that this boils down to something silly. There are much bigger issues worth mobilizing over yet for some reason it takes an incident involving a video game controller and Penny Arcade to piss people off. Kind of funny yet sad.

I can kind of agree with this. Sure, he's a douche nozzle, but where was all the outrage toward the companies that have literally pillaged people's entire life savings, credit, etc.?

People should have dug in on every DB CEO, VP, board member, etc., that caused the financial collapse. I thought that's what OWS would do after they got their TV time, but instead they sat on their asses and sang fucking hippie songs and felt sorry for themselves.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I can kind of agree with this. Sure, he's a douche nozzle, but where was all the outrage toward the companies that have literally pillaged people's entire life savings, credit, etc.?

People should have dug in on every DB CEO, VP, board member, etc., that caused the financial collapse. I thought that's what OWS would do after they got their TV time, but instead they sat on their asses and sang fucking hippie songs and felt sorry for themselves.
Uhh, that's a mis-use of the word "literally." Most simply made more money than you are comfortable with and didn't pay "their share" in your opinion and use their money as power to keep it that way. The ones who "literally" did things like that are LITERAL criminals (Madoff and his ilk) and they go to jail when they get caught and their money did not work like the kind of power you imagine them to have (Madoff *IS* in jail, right?).

What we have here is some douch who thinks "respect" is due to him from the people he serves just because he is some industry pro and they are consumers. He flips out when anyone disrespects him because he grew up in a culture of promoting "Believe in yourself!" self-confidence over manners, civility, and common-sense customer service skills.

Now that you know that not everyone agrees with you politically, how is it hard to believe that some might be more inclined to harrass this guy and not a vague group of CEOs and VPs each with non-specific accusations that they don't agree with in the first place?

Last edited:

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I thought that's what OWS would do after they got their TV time, but instead they sat on their asses and sang fucking hippie songs and felt sorry for themselves.

Incorrect sir, that's not all they did. They also molested and raped fellow female Occupiers and shat on some cop cars to boot.

All a good day's work for a communist mob masquerading as "freedom" fighters.

Feb 6, 2007
The guy wasn't piled on because he was bad at his job, he was piled on because he has absolutely no respect for people unless they can somehow hurt him. Now, it happens that this trait does make him uniquely awful at being in PR, but if he were in basically any job and this same exchange took place, I think it would have played out in similar fashion (you wouldn't see people defending him with, "Well, sure, he was a douche, but he's a fry cook, we expect that"). The guy deserves everything that's coming to him. His apologies show that he doesn't actually feel remorse for being disrespectful, only that his shameful treatment of people was made public. He's a disrespectful, dishonest, name-dropping, roid-raging, wife-beating, arrogant, hostile, troglodyte douchebag fuckwit bully of epic proportions, and people like him should be dragged into the street and beaten to death with bags of loose change.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
What we have here is some douch who thinks "respect" is due to him from the people he serves just because he is some industry pro and they are consumers.

I generally agree with your post, but I think he's of the "I deserve respect because I think I'm the biggest badass between the both of us." In other words, I'm bigger, crazier, and have more control over the situation, so you better respect me. It's why he was labelled the "worst kind of human being" by one of his peers (can't remember which one). To him, life is a zero sum game of acquiring and leveraging "power."

There's no such thing as mutual respect with those types unless there's a sense of mutual destruction were there to be an altercation (physical or otherwise). It's why he flipped so quickly with Mike: as soon as he realized Mike had the upper hand, he respected him and acknowledged Mike as the alpha in the situation. The respect didn't come from getting to know Mike personally or learning of his accomplishments, but only through learning Mike had the power/influence to squish him like a little bug... and squish him he did.

People like that are worthless fucks at best, and dangerous psychopaths at worst. They're often capable of anything, and life is one big ladder upon which each rung may be occupied by one and only one individual.

In other words, this:

he has absolutely no respect for people unless they can somehow hurt him

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
I will just leave this here...

dbag.png

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Lmao. This guy is a class act.

People who work the door are NOT influential. They're probably still working their way through college or trying to afford their next trailer park rent payment.

Yeah, when I read that I did a facepalm.

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
If you got Twitter drama I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but @OceanMarketting ain't one

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
Sadly the OP's link to his twitter feed is someone else having some fun - this is the D-bag's real twit feed http://twitter.com/OceanDeepSea

\in my heart, I still love to think the OP's twit link is real...

It was his twitter account at one point -

His Twitter account, which has now changed names twice because he was "sick of the tweets and stuff coming in," has been getting a lot of new followers from the controversy, he noted, a situation that may be beneficial down the line.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Actually, I could see this guy getting some sort of backward-ass deal. TV producers create some new company for him to run, and we will watch as he berates customers. Neat.

I'm sure a TV producer somewhere can already see the money flowing in...

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
People want to drive by this guy's house for being an ass in e-mail, while the people behind the financial crisis sit in peace. Amazing.

I appreciate the sentiment Craig, but you're reaching a bit here. If there is a single person with unequivocal liability for the financial crisis, well I and others are all ears.

Don't focus on the email, the method of communication is irrelevant. This was a case of an asshole crossing the line with his clientele, documenting it while he make it worse.

If you can't rejoice in some bully trying to fuck over the consumer and having it blow up in his face, fine, but don't try to insinuate that this is comparable to the malfeasance of Wall Street and their paid for politicians.
And I say that as someone who respects and admires the thought you put into your posts. This forum would be a better place (particularly P&N) if more posters had your kind of maturity and concern for details. Don't let us enjoying a little schadenfreude ruin that for you.

my $0.02

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I appreciate the sentiment Craig, but you're reaching a bit here. If there is a single person with unequivocal liability for the financial crisis, well I and others are all ears.

Don't focus on the email, the method of communication is irrelevant. This was a case of an asshole crossing the line with his clientele, documenting it while he make it worse.

If you can't rejoice in some bully trying to fuck over the consumer and having it blow up in his face, fine, but don't try to insinuate that this is comparable to the malfeasance of Wall Street and their paid for politicians.
And I say that as someone who respects and admires the thought you put into your posts. This forum would be a better place (particularly P&N) if more posters had your kind of maturity and concern for details. Don't let us enjoying a little schadenfreude ruin that for you.

my $0.02

Plus there is a giant difference between being an intelligent thieving snake and an arrogant internet moronic asshole.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Paul is still a super douche. Here's the latest, http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114994-Ocean-Marketing-Attempts-To-Extort-Former-Client "Earlier tonight, Chiullan tweeted that Christoforo was holding N-Control's various email and social media accounts hostage."

A nice summary of events from above-linked article:
"So, let's recap: Paul Christoforo's history of terrible customer service finally caught up with him when he threatened a smear campaign against Penny Arcade. After realizing that this was possibly the stupidest thing he could have done in the videogame industry, he begged Mike Krahulik to make the collective internet mob back off (that sure as Hell didn't happen). He then started giving interviews where he claimed that he hadn't lost any other clients, Krahulik was unprofessional for not introducing himself, and he was really only sorry that he got caught being a jackass. And now, finally, he's been caught trying to extort money from the clients he very nearly destroyed."

This guy becomes a bigger and bigger jackass as the days drag on.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
"So, let's recap: Paul Christoforo's history of terrible customer service finally caught up with him when he threatened a smear campaign against Penny Arcade. After realizing that this was possibly the stupidest thing he could have done in the videogame industry, he begged Mike Krahulik to make the collective internet mob back off (that sure as Hell didn't happen). He then started giving interviews where he claimed that he hadn't lost any other clients, Krahulik was unprofessional for not introducing himself, and he was really only sorry that he got caught being a jackass. And now, finally, he's been caught trying to extort money from the clients he very nearly destroyed."

Wait until the lawyers descend on him. If he thinks he has it bad now, wait until they lay waste to his dumb ass.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

wow.

hope they sue the fuck out of him contact the authority's.
this story gets better every day.