Behold the downfall of a D-bag

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Lmao, what is that guy talking about? He said that the guy who e-mailed him was being disrespectful? LOL. Please.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
I just wanted to apologize for the way our emails progressed I didn’t know how big your site was and I really didn’t believe you ran Pax

... because I would have still railroaded you and my customer if you were one of the little guys.

So for what’s its worth I am very sorry

... that I took a big honkin' bite of something I can't even begin to swallow.

etc etc.

I didn't really have a problem with bullies in school past second grade, thankfully, but was quite aware of those who did in junior high and high school. You could see the torment on these kids' faces, so I have little sympathy, as well. On that note, I love this:

I will personally burn everything I’ve made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
I think it's funny (scary?) just how quickly the internet mob can mobilize over something so silly. Yeah the guy is a d-bag but he probably didn't deserve to be ruined for it.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I think it's funny (scary?) just how quickly the internet mob can mobilize over something so silly. Yeah the guy is a d-bag but he probably didn't deserve to be ruined for it.

Sure he did. I firmly believe in swift and complete "justice." Someone like this moron doesn't deserve to be in business. His life won't be ruined because of this incident, but he absolutely deserves for it to be set back.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

HIT THE BRAKES.

He ABSOLUTELY deserved to be ruined for it. He's the PR ("PUBLIC RELATIONS") guy representing another company's product. Look at what has happened to the product's ratings at Amazon. The guy utterly FAILED at his job and severely negatively impacted a product's reputation, while completely steamrolling customers in the process. He's a 'roid-powered thug who provides absolutely no service whatsoever, and who's left a very negative imprint on everyone he's worked with. If this doesn't deserve ruination, I don't know what does. He got way too big for his britches and played with fire time and time again, until it finally burnt off his eyeballs.

He should be assembling cardboard boxes in a cardboard box manufacturing plant.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Sure he did. I firmly believe in swift and complete "justice." Someone like this moron doesn't deserve to be in business. His life won't be ruined because of this incident, but he absolutely deserves for it to be set back.

He deserves to be slapped around a bit but that doesn't change the fact that this boils down to something silly. There are much bigger issues worth mobilizing over yet for some reason it takes an incident involving a video game controller and Penny Arcade to piss people off. Kind of funny yet sad.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
HIT THE BRAKES.

He ABSOLUTELY deserved to be ruined for it. He's the PR ("PUBLIC RELATIONS") guy representing another company's product. Look at what has happened to the product's ratings at Amazon. The guy utterly FAILED at his job and severely negatively impacted a product's reputation, while completely steamrolling customers in the process. He's a 'roid-powered thug who provides absolutely no service whatsoever, and who's left a very negative imprint on everyone he's worked with. If this doesn't deserve ruination, I don't know what does. He got way too big for his britches and played with fire time and time again, until it finally burnt off his eyeballs.

He should be assembling cardboard boxes in a cardboard box manufacturing plant.

Take a step back. The guy is a marketing shill for a company that makes video game controllers. You are getting extremely emotional over this which makes me wonder, do you get this emotional every time someone does something ridiculous (like this guy did) or are just caught up in the mob frenzy?

Like I said, the guy is a d-bag, but there are much bigger ones in the world and I don't see the internet mob getting swept up to destroy them for some reason.

My statement was more in line with questioning why/how the mob is created and how it's funny that when it does it's typically over something silly.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Take a step back. The guy is a marketing shill for a company that makes video game controllers. You are getting extremely emotional over this which makes me wonder, do you get this emotional every time someone does something ridiculous (like this guy did) or are just caught up in the mob frenzy?

Like I said, the guy is a d-bag, but there are much bigger ones in the world and I don't see the internet mob getting swept up to destroy them for some reason.

My statement was more in line with questioning why/how the mob is created and how it's funny that when it does it's typically over something silly.
In a word, gamers.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

For what it's worth, I didn't even know what this controller was until I read this thread last night (still don't entirely understand wtf it does). I am, however, a sucker for accountability. Far too many people these days get away with proverbial murder, and it's fan-fucking-tastic to see one of the more egregious offenders go down in smoke and flames. No mob mentality at all... just nice to see swift and appropriate justice get served from time to time.

GotIssues

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2003

I think it's more to do with the fact that you seem to be trying to defend a d-bag. Dude is in PR and treats his customers like crap. Of course he deserves to lose his job and probably never get a job that involves public interaction again.

It doesn't take much freetime to post "This guy is a douche and deserves to lose his job." There is probably 5 people actually spending time on this. Those 5 people probably have nothing better to do and/or just don't have a life.

Because it's something a lot of people can identify with. Everyone has received bad customer service because, for the most part, people can't do anything about it. Now you have an instance where extremely bad customer service was given to someone that can/did do something about it. This is also not the first time he's been a dick to customers.

He dug the hole further when he started name dropping to try and internet bully.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
"I don't know the mayor of Boston," he admitted. "That was taken totally out of context, I was just joking around. I am from Boston, though, and I know a lot of people who own clubs. I know some influential people, like the guy who runs the door at the convention center.
Lmao. This guy is a class act.

People who work the door are NOT influential. They're probably still working their way through college or trying to afford their next trailer park rent payment.

Last edited:

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
this is beyond childish. seems like the customer started the shit storm in the emails, and then his big ego takes over because he runs a website. the "dbag" doesn't help matters but he was egged on

wait, what...AFAIK the original emailer was jut some dude that frequented Penny Arcade... and he decided to include a few sources, including mike from PA, which is why mike started commenting? Or am I wrong...

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com

It is because the majority of the people using the controller are gamers ;).

It's safe to assume that 90% of gamers know how to use the internet, and where to go for gaming related info/forums.

when it comes to other issues that people should be nailed for, most of that base of users is not very internet savvy.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
wait, what...AFAIK the original emailer was jut some dude that frequented Penny Arcade... and he decided to include a few sources, including mike from PA, which is why mike started commenting? Or am I wrong...

He forwarded his correspondence to Mike from PA because Paul bragged about having a booth at PAX and the customer wanted to let Mike know that he probably didn't want this douche at his convention.