Behold the downfall of a D-bag

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
PaulChristoforo.jpg

mcurphy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2003
Reading that, it doesn't sound like he's learned his lesson yet.

He should be treating everyone with some respect. And based on his attitude, I have no doubt he's acted this way many times in the past with others. Hope it gets worse for him.

This was my thoughts as well. He really doesn't seem sorry for what he did, only sorry that it was made public. He probably has always, and will continue to always, act this way.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
People want to drive by this guy's house for being an ass in e-mail, while the people behind the financial crisis sit in peace. Amazing.

Well #Occupy Wall St tried to do it, but they got too distracted by raping each other and shitting on cop cars.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I admit the he didn't do himself any favors by acting like an ass, but I also think the people at Penny arcade did no better by posting it on their website. If anything, it was at that point when it was taken too far.

Bullshit, PA didnt go digging for this story they had it e-mailed to them by a reader that is the person getting screwed by this asshole. You can bet if 99% of the population had got this e-mail from a reader of their website they would sure as hell post it.

I would agree with you if they had done some digging to dig this up and then smeared the guy but that wasnt the case.

The point where it got taken to far was the death threats and the family getting involved in it.

As far as im concerned this guy should never hold a job again that involves either marketing or customer service and i doubt he will after this plays out, im sure every single other account he has is only going to keep using him untill they find another firm to work with.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
As far as im concerned this guy should never hold a job again that involves either marketing or customer service and i doubt he will after this plays out, im sure every single other account he has is only going to keep using him untill they find another firm to work with.

Whats funny though is before this guys little issues I've never heard of or seen this product before. So maybe he is a mastermind of marketing. ^_^

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Can someone explain wtf the modifications to the controller are supposed to do? I honestly couldn't make it through that last video with the chewing.

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
I now think the whole n control company Is a bunch of fake dishonest fucks. I dug through and found this guy named Frank Shephard who masqueraded as a customer on the Avenger review.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/14/n-control-avenger-xbox-360-attachment-makes-it-look-complicated/

I love how he keeps answering everyone's questions from a "customer point of view" yet has all the inside info on their parts problems.

The Amazon review are deserved. They are actually pretty accurate of the company itself.

Last edited:

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Whats funny though is before this guys little issues I've never heard of or seen this product before. So maybe he is a mastermind of marketing. ^_^

I find that hard to believe given his complete lack of a brain. If this guy had a IQ over 40 he would not have gone off on PA/guy who runs the tradeshow.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Wow, I fucking love it when bully douchebags like this get fucking destroyed. He deserves everything he's getting, and a little more. Keep at it Internet; I love you.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
I find that hard to believe given his complete lack of a brain. If this guy had a IQ over 40 he would not have gone off on PA/guy who runs the tradeshow.
He admitted to eating "your shit for breakfast". He's either brilliantly deceptive or plain dumb. :colbert:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

You mean the PA guy who also runs PA and is the one who actually draws it every day? He's a heavier hitter than your comment implies. He and Jerry, together, ARE PA.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
I would feel sorry for this jerk if it weren't for the fact that the ONLY reason he's remorseful is because HE came out on the losing end. He was full of piss, vinegar, and testosterone until he realized he was dealing with Penny Arcade ("Oh, I love Penny Arcade! We're buddies now and I'm going to toss your salad and hope I can make you forget this little exchange!")

This is a CLASSIC case of a bully being an unrelenting prick until a bigger bully comes along, at which point he tucks his tale and makes a nice little pee puddle. Bullies become very cordial when they lose the upper hand. They're funny like that :) Good-hearted people are friendly and respectful regardless of the balance of power. This guy is a first class douchebag, and it seems as though anyone who's ever had to do business with him is coming out of the woodwork to press the notion that this couldn't have happened to a more deserving fella.

Leave the wife and kids out of it (if that's actually happening - afterall, we're taking this guy's word for it and he might just be smoke-screening), but this guy's comeuppance has likely been brewing for decades.

In other news:

Hot: GEICO (totally clutch move!)
Cold: Craig234 (I'm sure the drive-by's are just displaced OWS'ers; and P&N is ->) and 'roids

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
The beautiful being isn't even really sorry. He is sorry he got busted and ragged on for being himself.

He also hits women.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I can't believe he STILL keeps saying that he simply didn't know who he was talking to even in the latest interviews. That means that he still totally doesn't get it and is still unapologetic. It doesn't matter who he was talking to: It was wrong to respond to anyone that way from a professional!

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You can tell from the msnbc story that this guy is the poster child for false bravado. He does not know how to be contrite. He wants to believe that, somehow, this catastrophic career meltdown will turn out to be a plus simply because his name will be "out there" more.

This didn't happen because he was a jerk... it was because PA posted it.
He didn't screw up... he could have been a little nicer.
He didn't lie... things were taken out of context.
He's not a bully... but if you badmouth him you don't deserve respect.

Kind of reminded me of Martin Short's chain-smoking, sweating, double-talking "Nathan Thurm" character. http://www.hulu.com/watch/273992/saturday-night-live-nathan-thurm.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I love it. Then again, I love seeing people get what they deserve. He says to leave his wife and child out of it? F that. First of all, his kid is 2 months old, it won't remember any of this, so anything said about the child is meant to simply ruffle the dudes feathers, and it's working.

Casualties of war happen :p