Behold the downfall of a D-bag

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
oh wow

this guy just made it in time for the epic fail of 2011

all of this could have been avoided with less than 2 minutes of effort in the form of a polite response. its actually kinda nice to someone get what he deserves

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Avenger is probably loving this. They get all the PR and added sales and can completely distance themselves from the bad guy.

3rd party outsourcing FTW!

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
This guy reminds me of somebody... :hmm:

The only people I might feel any sympathy for, assuming they actually exist, are this guy's wife and child(ren). It's not their fault he's a complete moron.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
this is beyond childish. seems like the customer started the shit storm in the emails, and then his big ego takes over because he runs a website. the "dbag" doesn't help matters but he was egged on

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
I don't know, his twitter page seems like he is trying to get people fired up. It seems like this might have started legitimately, but now he is just eating up the attention and posting ridiculous comments to keep people fueled.

Troller be trollin.

sourceninja

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2005
I think he needs to keep making fun of 4chan some more. That always gets everyone to leave you alone.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Wow, the update is hillarious. I am the first to say tldr, if anything I should be on Ritalin :biggrin: but I read the whole thing twice. and the update many times over and over again... so much fallout hillarity

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
The beautiful being started name dropping all sorts of known blogger sites - I think that is what drove most of the backlash.

If he was just being an asshole, you chalk it off as some irate prick who had a bad morning. But, he pulled in people who would most certainly NOT take his side.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
this is beyond childish. seems like the customer started the shit storm in the emails, and then his big ego takes over because he runs a website. the "dbag" doesn't help matters but he was egged on

If you are in any sort of PR or customer service field the emails that Dave sent should be nothing special (And I don't think they are). I've seen and experienced so much worse that this would have barely even registered - if anything it starts off nicer than a lot of customer inquiries do. A lot just go right to the ALL CAPS, swearing, threats etc without preamble

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
The sad truth about this whole ordeal is that the dbag will get tons of hits from hotties because dbags and assholes attract hotties. That's all.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
He looks familiar. I spent 3 years in San Diego and I see that he had a court case there in 2008. Is that where he lives?

Who's Gabe and who's Mike?

If i understand correctly, Mike owns Penny Arcade. But why does he keep signing off:

-Gabe

?
Ever READ Mike and Jerry's "Penny-Arcade?" There are two characters, one of which doubles as Mike's online handle and the other which doubles as Jerry's. It's not that confusing: You're doing it right now unless your real name is "kazaam."

FWIW, he eventually named his son "Gabe."

GotIssues

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2003
Ever READ Mike and Jerry's "Penny-Arcade?" There are two characters, one of which doubles as Mike's online handle and the other which doubles as Jerry's. It's not that confusing: You're doing it right now unless your real name is "kazaam."

FWIW, he eventually named his son "Gabe."

Do you really not see how that could be confusing to someone? It wouldn't be confusing if his handle was "Murderator747" or "PostBot" but it's the common name of "Gabe." Brace yourself, this may come as a shock to you, but the entire internet doesn't read PA.

Back to topic: Not sure why someone would hire a PR firm that can't spell. That would be a pretty big tipoff that the firm isn't up to snuff.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Wow, I just read all the updates on reddit. This isn't the first time this guy has been blown up on the internet. How he still fucking works is beyond me? I think the internet needs to make an example of this asshat and make sure he never gets another job in marketing, or whatever the fuck it is he does, again.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
For what its worth, I'm pretty sure the twitter account linked in the OP is a paradoy account. I believe his account is the also mispelled, but at least slightly less abrasive, OceanStratagy.

Apr 17, 2003

the dude said he might as well sell the controllers on ebay for a profit...

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Do you really not see how that could be confusing to someone? It wouldn't be confusing if his handle was "Murderator747" or "PostBot" but it's the common name of "Gabe." Brace yourself, this may come as a shock to you, but the entire internet doesn't read PA.

Back to topic: Not sure why someone would hire a PR firm that can't spell. That would be a pretty big tipoff that the firm isn't up to snuff.
From what I've seen, everyone's given up on proper spelling, or even basic proofreading.

One of the favorites.

Feb 6, 2007
That was some fairly epic failure right there. After reading the stuff posted at PA, most of the reddit feed and some of the Twitter stream, I have to say, I agree 100% with what Gabe posted: Paul's a bully, and it's impossible to feel any symapthy for him when the tables are turned. He's the worst kind of human being, and this is exactly what he deserves.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
That was some fairly epic failure right there. After reading the stuff posted at PA, most of the reddit feed and some of the Twitter stream, I have to say, I agree 100% with what Gabe posted: Paul's a bully, and it's impossible to feel any symapthy for him when the tables are turned. He's the worst kind of human being, and this is exactly what he deserves.

Yeah i have no sympathy at all. he talked a lot of shit and couldn't back it up. EVERYONE dealing with him was polite yet he chose to threaten, bully and try to indimadate them. it failed. He messed with someone bigger who only let the world see what a piece of shit he is. I have never heard Penny arcade people being anything less then polite to people.

though..the comic has gotten worse this last year but still one i try to read everyday.

edit: lol reading his twitter shows just what kind of guy he is. He makes racist and sexist remarks a lot.

ohh HOPE people copy this and call the CC companys on this..

yeah keep shitting on me kids, remember I have your CC info from orders. Let's see how tough you are after some nigerians get em. #War

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
This guy needs to be Baker acted for his own safety. The next couple days, could easily find him dead by his own hands, otherwise.