Behold the downfall of a D-bag

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
This was posted over at Penny Arcade earlier today. It's going around some of the news aggregators, and it's full of some good schadenfreude and other lulz. Be warned, there's quite a bit of reading, but I'll post some cliffs at the bottom.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.html (might load kinda slow, from time to time)

The d-bag's twitter feed:

http://twitter.com/#!/oceanstretagy

Cliffs:
1.) Guy emails to find out about delivery of an item he paid for in advance
2.) D-bag gives him the runaround, and then goes into d-bag overdrive when called on it
3.) Customer involves Kotaku and some other apparently significant players in gamer-land
4.) Backlash of epic proportions ensues for D-bag

EDIT: There's a small update from Penny Arcade here:

http://penny-arcade.com/resources/an-update1.html

Last edited:

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
I felt bad for the controller maker for a few minutes because it really is just some rogue marketing douche. But...why are they letting this guy answer customer emails about orders? If this was part of his role, then they deserve the shit storm they paid for.

And fuck this guy. We all knew groups of assholes lime this in school so it is fun to watch him meet his career end in public.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I felt bad for the controller maker for a few minutes because it really is just some rogue marketing douche. But...why are they letting this guy answer customer emails about orders?
Well, he ain't answering shit anymore -- he was fired. I don't understand enough about the distribution arrangement to answer your question with regard to why he was answering any emails in the first place, however.

If this was part of his role, then they deserve the shit storm they paid for.
Yeah, the manufacturer probably should've done a little more homework about this guy, but it seems like everyone that's learning about this recognizes that it isn't really about the controller at all anymore. It's about a douchenozzle getting his comeuppance. From everything I've read, the product itself is exceptional.

And fuck this guy. We all knew groups of assholes lime this in school so it is fun to watch him meet his career end in public.
So deliciously true. :cool:

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
Yeah, I still might buy the controller. I forgot about it until this whole incident and I feel better about my future purchase now this guy has been dealt with.

And what a freaking tard. Starting shit with PA without doing a two second search to see who you are fucking with. He literally started a war with the Internet. I've been to PAX in Boston. Yes,you could beat up quite a few of the attendees, but behind closed doors, nerds run shit and can make your life miserable.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
LOL! At them arguing with Mike, and saying they'll get a booth a Pax if they want one. LOL! Serious retards at Ocean Marketing.

Last edited:

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
If you read the douchebags tweets, he has threatened to give out customer's credit card info to scammers. Has he completely lost his mind? If just one person coincidentally has their info compromised from another source, he will still be thought of as the likely culprit. All fun and games until you commit a federal crime. It's like watching someone train wreck their life. Can't help but watch and laugh.

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
OP isn't quite informative enough for people to get the full scope of the epic internet drama this morning...

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/ns2pu/pa_makers_of_avenger_controllers_take_money_and/

Read the top comment on that, has links to most of it.

Also, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnMPztotGCGadE1sQkV4aDlOVWRFTGtkS1VzUldHRnc#gid=0

Spreadsheet of how practically everything on the Ocean's Marketing website is actually plagiarized... including the "About us" section.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Last edited:

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
[Mods can delete this... Why can't we delete our own posts anymore? Is this new? Thought there used to be a grace-period.]

Last edited:

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
Ah lovely, the accidental double-post-while-trying-to-delete-original-post.

Anyway, this whole mess made for quite an entertaining hangover-morning :)

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
WOOOOOOOOOOWWWW

"@Jura_WT I ain't fired. That Penny Arcade guy is a jew and tried to start shit but like all jews he failed."

Hahaha, his twitter page is literally dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of posts like that. What a nutjob. Honestly if I had effed up half as bad, I'd just avoid the internet for a couple of months and wait for people to move on. Attention span is short afterall.

Apr 17, 2003
LOL at his facebook profile:

PLEASE STOP CALLING ME PEOPLE!!! I HAVE APOLOGIZED PLEASE I AM TRYIN TO RUN A BUSINESS!!!

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
This has absolutely made my day. I love PA and just because they got involved I'm going to make another contribution to Child's Play.